xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HDuffRules

I Hate People That Walk Slowly Seriously, no joke.

Have any of you ever been walking on like the sidewalk and gotten stuck between like three people who are walking together and taking up the whole sidewalk? Now normally that woudln't be a problem, but when they walk really slow and don't let people pass simply because they aren't aware that they're holding up traffic, its really annoying. It gets worse if I'm late to class or work or really need to get somewhere, and I don't want to say anything, because its rude, and I don't want to walk in the street 'cause drivers in MA will basically run you over if you walk in the middle of the street. I'm pretty sure other people share this same sentiment, there's even a Facebook group called "I want to punch slow walking people in the head" or something along those lines :)

Gotta say I agree. Its frustrating.You try your best not to walk so close but you end up basically walking into the back of them. Or stepping on there shoes. Eventually I get ticked of and just totally flatten them as I barge my way through... I wish. If only it were that easy :)

Edited by Evolke (see edit history)

/agree!Being tall i have pretty long legs which means i can happily walk twice as fast as most of the morons about today. Its really frustrating because if i walk really slowly (hencenforth known as girl-shopping speed) i start to loose my balance haha! I suppose being overweight doesnt help that but its just torture! i end up walking like a complete weirdo! Plus is so so so annoying, by the time these gimps have walked 10 meters i can have been shopping, had some lunch, got a coffee and be on the bus!I also hate people that walk towards you at just dont move! Im fairly easy to see!! So now im doing the same, i tend to walk looking to the left or right or just over the heads of anyone walking towards me and they soon move :) People that text when they walk and because they just cant do it they walk so slowly they might as wel not be moving! Damn if you're gonna text and walk learn where the buttons are, then you dont need to look at the phone!!

I don't really like slow walkers ever, or very fast walkers. My friend is a slow walker, once I was walking fast that when I looked behind, my friend wasn't there, lol. But my other friend is an extremely fast walker, he walks so fast that it looks like he's running/jogging.

I like to have a brisk pace when i walk. If I have quite a long way to walk then I will walk/run. slow walking is so much more tiring than a nice brisk pace. My girlfriend used to walk along so damn slow like a 70 year old until I made her pick it up a bit. now she's in better shape and more efficient in getting around. Walking is one of the best forms of exercise you can do so it's good to do it a lot.

I haven't really ran into that issue too many times. Usually people are aware if you follow them too long, for whatever reason, and they will move out of your way.If you do think they are going too slow and aren't noticing you, just say 'excuse me' and they will usually let you through. It's not a mean thing to do because maybe you are in a hurry and they aren't. I haven't found anyone who has taken offense to asking to pass before.

I have to run to the bus after school and sometimes I have to run through a mall. It seems like people have a lot of time sometimes, and they certainly love to use as much space as they possibly can. I am running and suddenly there is a huge wall of people in front of me, walking as slow as the time suddenly started going slower. But I have to admit that maybe I am just as bad when I have time. The worst thing is, as shadowx says, people who do not move. Also it creates this awkward moment if I move to my left and the other person moves to his/hers right. Then there is this "Oh, who is going to move" and I hate that. Sometimes when I am about to walk passed someone they have created a long line of people almost rushing by me and I have no idea where to go! It is like a freaking wave, where do I hide?!

He're is my theore in life. The rate at which people walk is proprtionate to three things.1. Intellegence.2. Income.3. Age.Now the second and third one you can't do much about (unless of course you're a welfare rat [disreguard 3] and you're just too lazy to do anything.) so if age is what's holding them up I just disreguard it and move on.However a bunch of the welfare rats who are dumber than *BLEEP* at our school walk so slow that they manage to take up ALL of MY six minutes to get to class. I don't have time to go to the restroom in between classes or stop by my locker to get anything. So I have to be held up by a bunch of imbasals. It angers me. Really.Anyway yes, people who walk slow are usually completely unaware morons. RAWR!

It gets worse if I'm late to class or work or really need to get somewhere, and I don't want to say anything, because its rude ...

There are a few things to consider here:

Don't you consider it rude that they're taking up the whole walkway?

Failure to ask means you are part of the "problem," possibly 50% of the "problem" would be you (i quote the word problem because if you did not want to be somewhere at a specific time, it would not be a problem, or just a small annoyance).

"Because it's rude"—does this mean you don't ask nicely?

"May I get by?" should be enough. In cases that it isn't, keep asking. If necessary, have someone ask with you. Also, traffic should be considered before planning to go anywhere; that is, get out earlier than usual when possible—plan ahead.

Okay I suppose I'll try asking next time instead of just waiting for them to figure it out 'cause most of the time they don't, and I have to wait until we get to an intersection to walk around them.

Yeah, do that, lol...People sometimes just don't know that you're behind them.I mean think about it..If you're walking slow because you have 10 mins to get somewhere(especially at school) that only takes 5 mins..That's completely normal. What's the point of rushing to a class you don't like anyways?So it's a very normal part of walking, especially at work, school, etc. where people don't want to be to begin with.

yeah i agree. i hate those clowns who just walk so goddam slowly and take up the whole friggin footpath - there are people who actually have somewhere to get to! they just hang around the street like its there backyard. they don't care if the person or people behind them are late to go somewhere. they think you should just walk around them but they don't realise that they're taking up the whole sidewalk!!!!

Oh yes i hate people who do that! They behave as though they own the entire stretch of the road! Actually i think the right thing to do would be to shout 'excuse me!' because they are the ones who are being downright rude and inconsiderate in the first place. At least that's better than shoving people aside. On the other hand, some idiots don't understand or are deaf and continue to hog the road. Once, a friend of mine got held up by a group of 4 talkative giggly girls. They didn't hear her say 'excuse me'. so my friend got so annoyed she just shoved the girl's bum and stalked past. Apparently, there was a domino effect when the girl lost balance. lol

I hate people who think they are the only ones at the escalator, and therefore they decide to barely move when it is at top / bottom. They create a horrible cue where people are desperately trying not fall over, and yes I am one of them. When you decide to take the escalator please make sure you have the ability to move quickly before trying it!