xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Husband Hacked Wife To Death With Meat Cleaver After She Changed Facebook Status To Single

Source

Well it would seem social networking has taken another nasty turn or rather a rare one and that involving murdering someone over something they do on a social networking site. Granted there was other things involved such as the guy being drunk and wasted on cocaine, but still to know that people will kill over something as stupid as that shows how sad the human race is. It is bad enough kids are bullying and stalking each other through chat rooms, emails, and social networking sites, but you have adults bullying, stalking, soliciting sex etc etc. It is amazing what such a simple concept turns into another way for people to be cruel to everyone else.

I'd actually argue that it wasn't anything to do with the Facebook change. Im willing to bet that was just the best excuse

the husband had to try and lower the jail time. He had to have some reason of provocation and that was the only prooveable

evidence. But its still horrific...

If I were the judge, that would have nothing to do with jail time. Anybody could think of a better reason than that.

And that's why your not a Judge. In some states, if you swear, taunt, or provoke in any way, the victim of that

provocation is sometimes is let off if they respond physically.

That is creepy and UNETHICAL!! That man does not have the right to kill someone just because his wife changed her facebook status to single. Just get a divorce. That just says that he is immature and acts in an irresponsible way.

And that's why your not a Judge. In some states, if you swear, taunt, or provoke in any way, the victim of that

provocation is sometimes is let off if they respond physically.

Actually you're right, I'm not a judge, but I participate in various Mock Trials, and other things to do with court, and know that if your spouse change your relationship status on Facebook, that doesn't mean that you can chop her to death with a meat cleaver and get away with it. I think anybody knows that. I don't know about that second sentence, but in my state, that's called aggravated assault, and carries a sentence of 30+ years, depending on the case.

What happened is called first degree murder, second degree murder in some states (and depending on the DA).

Have you taken any law/forensics courses or watched Forensic Files on TruTV/Law and Order SVU (its on in 30 minutes in EST and CST)? They are really good shows if you wish to go into law or forensics (which I may do). CSI is nothing like a real crime site, and I would say Forensic Files is the better of the two shows, but SVU is good also.

That is creepy and UNETHICAL!! That man does not have the right to kill someone just because his wife changed her facebook status to single. Just get a divorce. That just says that he is immature and acts in an irresponsible way.

I don't think that's the point, according to the article they were already separated. It sounds to me that he was jealous of other men that she might be having relationships with now that her status was single. Besides, men as crazy as this can not be rationed with.

I never heard about this...Was it on the actual news or anything?And I completely disagree with what he did...That's like taking off your ring when you go to waitress people. There really is not much of a difference between those. Some people change their status and all solely for the attention that they normally would not get, not because they want to get divorced or leave the person.On the other hand, he could be claimed as mentally ill now...It's not easy to get off of court by saying it but then again many people do.