xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Final)arkJon

New Computer built

!! so anyways.... i finnally built my computer. everything is from newegg and it shipped a day early. fastest in the world. anybody whos wants help building plz post or pm me id me more that glad to help :PHere are the pimpin specs------AMD ATHLON 64 3400+ Proc.-dfi lanparty nf3 250gb mobo-1gb kinston pc3200 (400mhz) ddr ram-wd 80 gb hard drive-thermaltake sviking case( i love this one) 2x120mm fans-samsung dvd/cdrw drive-480psu-9600 all in wonder ati radeon, buying a 6600gt nvidia!its fast thats what i can say

pretty good specifications! I have a few questions? what's a mobo? If you are getting so much good stuff why not get a 120 GB HDD instead. I also recommend using Maxtor hard drives. You should get ATI because of graphics unless you hate configurating your own graphic card then go for NVIDIA. Please also note that you need Windows XP 64-bit in order to run it on this machine. If not, get Linux. Fedora core has a 64-bit version!I hope this helps :Pxboxrulz

How much did all that cost? Im just wondering because i have been thinking about building my own computer but i havent really researched it like i should have :P. I dont mean to get into your personal business but i was just hoping that you could give me a spec on wha *BLEEP* would cost me if you can then thanks a lot. :P

btw.. what will it be used for, Final)arkJon?for server or just client or stand alone PC?If its for server i recomend linus as xboxrulz's said.but if just for client/stand alone PC, what application do u need? game, internet or just office tools?if u are a gamer, that spec is enough for current. but if just office app, thats more than just enough.

thats some good specs, at last someone who knows what they are talking about :PNvidia 6600GT is an awesome card, I'll buy that over the 9600 for sure. The 9600s are old, really old now, unless you go for a x700 or something (which you can't really find around)

Linux is good for servers, office workstations (as in you are not playing games on it, both for home or office work), multimedia station, XBOX consoles, network stations and whatever computer use you can think of except gaming since there's not much support yet.xboxrulz

i dont need 64bit edition xp... im on it right now! i just used regular 32 bit xp. you can use either with any athlon 64. i really dont need 120gb, to me ill never use it. it cost me about 720 bucks with shipping, so not so bad :P im mainly gaming as a standalone pc in my room... so it fits my needs perfectlytemps-(air cooling)fulll load-proc-47c mobo-33cidle-proc-40cmobo-30id say these are exellent considering air cooling with the fan/heatsink that came with the proc...

i dont need 64bit edition xp... im on it right now! i just used regular 32 bit xp. you can use either with any athlon 64. i really dont need 120gb, to me ill never use it. it cost me about 720 bucks with shipping, so not so bad  :P im mainly gaming as a standalone pc in my room... so it fits my needs perfectly

temps-(air cooling)

fulll load-

proc-47c

mobo-33c

idle-

proc-40c

mobo-30

id say these are exellent considering air cooling with the fan/heatsink that came with the proc...

43316[/snapback]

So did you do a test on your new computer to see how it works? like superPI, a lot of people did the test with their own machine, and you can compare your score with the scores of similar machines to see if your hardwire works well together, or whether your windows is well configed and optimized.

first of all mobo is mother board..and second i like the specs of that.....here is what i runAMD Sempron 3100+512MB DDR PC3200WD 80GB 7200RPM HD w/ 8MB cache (sata)Nvidia GeForce FX 5700and thats about it unless i missed somethingmy OS is Windows XP PRO Corporate Edition Build 2600 Final v5.1

My comp is old but modded.Comp. Model: Compaq PresarioMemory: 312 MB Ram, 260GB Hard Disk SpaceCPU: 1.1 Ghz ProccessorDrives: All format, double density DVD drive.Video: ATI Radeon 9600 XTOS: Windows XP Pro

Those stats are pretty good, here are my comps:Intel Celeron Processor 2.4 ghz512 mb of ram80 gigs of spaceWindows XP Pro Don't really know the rest, but I'll find out sooner or later.

!! so anyways.... i finnally built my computer. everything is from newegg and it shipped a day early. fastest in the world. anybody whos wants help building plz post or pm me id me more that glad to help :P

Here are the pimpin specs-----

-AMD ATHLON 64 3400+ Proc.

-dfi lanparty nf3 250gb mobo

-1gb kinston pc3200 (400mhz)  ddr ram

-wd 80 gb hard drive

-thermaltake sviking case( i love this one) 2x120mm fans

-samsung dvd/cdrw drive

-480psu

-9600 all in wonder ati radeon, buying a 6600gt nvidia!

its fast thats what i can say

42744[/snapback]

you got 1gb RAM?? for what?

well if everyone else is telling computer specs ill share mineAMD Athlon XP 2600 (thoroughbred core) running 2.08GHzAbit KD7 mobo1024 mb of RAMone Maxtor 20Gigone Maxtor 40GigNvidia GeForce FX 5200 UltraWindows XP Home