xisto Community
Zippy761

I Need Help I'm So Confused.

Well here goesI started a new school this semester way away from home. As time went on I skipped classes. I'm at the point where I'm sure I'm failing and I'm sure that if I tell my mother she'd be heartbroken. I don't know how I ended up like this. I thought I was going to be perfectly fine on my own and it seems I was able to screw up something so simple. Does anyone have any advice how to start to make this right? I know I have to tell her. I just cant bring myself to do it.

From personal experience, you should try to correct your mistakes first, instead of worrying about your mum. Have a talk with the teachers of the subjects you are failing. Find out where you went wrong, try to resolve the issues. Put more effort on your studies, request extra tuition classes if you can. If you find that you are in the wrong course, not being interested in the stuff you're studying, you might want to consider changing courses.In any case, have a discussion with your teacher(s). Then talk to your mum when you arrive at a decision.

Stop for a moment and think about why you started skipping classes. Is it that you're bored with them or maybe you've got another direction in mind, like taking classes that some of your friends are taking because you think you'd like them better? Or maybe you want to change your educational focus and don't even realize it.Talk to a counsellor at school. They are very knowledgeable and can help you out with not only your classes but also with any personal issues you might have. They can also recommend other forms of counselling and most schools offer them to their students at no charge.Also talk to your instructors and see what you can do to make up for the time and class work you've lost.And definitely talk to your mother and let her know what's happening with you. If you have a good relationship with her, I'm sure she'll do everything she can to help you.

From personal experience, you should try to correct your mistakes first, instead of worrying about your mum. Have a talk with the teachers of the subjects you are failing. Find out where you went wrong, try to resolve the issues. Put more effort on your studies, request extra tuition classes if you can. If you find that you are in the wrong course, not being interested in the stuff you're studying, you might want to consider changing courses.
In any case, have a discussion with your teacher(s). Then talk to your mum when you arrive at a decision.

I agree with this very much.

First talk to teachers, councelors etc and see what, if anything you can do to make it up, many will see you are trying to correct your mistake and help you.

Then, after you have a plan of action in place, sit your mom down and discuss it with her.
If you go to her with a plan in place, she will see that though you are human and make mistakes, you are also mature enough to not only recognize them, but to try and fix them on your own as well.

Its good you are worried and taking action instead of just blowing it off with "Oh well" ..... that puts you a step ahead!

Moogie has a great point to, and by talking to your councelors they may be able to help you there also.

Good luck to you!

I'm a fresh a graduate , I start working month ago at a new bank in my country that has not started yet.  we are still in the training process.

I'm not happy and not adjusting there. I don't feel that I belong there. Sometimes I feel that  I just want to quit, but I'm afraid that I won't have another job soon.

I'm a person who like to work with computers and systems, but the job that they have offered  me is customer service.  I'm so confused, I don't know what to do

-question by sara86