xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nickburzo

Creamy Purge no its not whut you think...

Yo so i was in forensics class i found out the most interesting thing ever about when a person dies. you wanna here *crowd goes wild* OK here it goes when u die say its a murder say after the person dies the body isnt buried when you decompose your body purges meaning it releases any fluids left in the body and one of the last things to purge is your brain decomposes and turns to liquid and runs out your nose and ears.this might sound sick and gross but i think its pretty interesting how your body reacts even after its dead.oh btw creamy purge is the term im not sick i didnt make that up.

First I wasn't thinking that :), secondly eew, third interesting that someone would say that. Although I am not sure about this and I highly doubt this was ever done, but I wonder if a study was done by a group of people to see what happens to a body that naturally decomposes. Now the reason I say that it could take quite a long time to do this unless you speed the process up, but even then I don't think it is possible.

Forensic sciences have advanced so much! I remember seeing a CSI episode about a body farm and this body farm was used for the scientific study of human remains as they decompose. There really are such body farms around! The University of Tennessee has one:

link

I think it's interesting that the brain is one of the last things to purge. I would have thought that this softer tissue would start to decompose much sooner but then maybe it's not as soft I think it is :)

Edited by moogie (see edit history)

Yea about the body farm where watching a documentary about the one in Tennessee in class.As for it being the last thing the brain is one of the first organs to decompose but it is the last thing to purge since stomach lung and other organ purges happen minutes after the body is dead.The brain is really more soft then i think alot of people think it is or at least i did until we dissected a pig and it took me the whole class to remove the brain without mashing it into mud even preserved it was still extremely soft i find that absolutely amazing.

This seems really interesting to look into. I am curious as to how the body parts still react after all of your cells have died and you are no longer producing ATP or intaking glucose to power these chemical reactions. I actually am not very grossed out about this, but rather fascinated.

good job for finding that out :lol: but....i'm currently eating my lunch.but anyway its amazing how humans always have this urge to find out more about ourselves and other things. and this is what we find out!

hmm... well I know from my hunting experiences that the first things to go are the bowl and bladder generally in the reverse order, but I have never seen a deer go through this creamy purge...or rather if it was/had I was unaware of it. I wonder how different rates of decompostition are for other mammals seeing as how were all made of mostly the same compounds it would be interesting to find out rates of decomposition.