xisto Community
Janissary

How Can Close Some Security Options? Vistas annoying confermation messages

Hello,I just switched to Vista. And you know by default everytime you want to change something (i guess a change in register?) such as installing etc Vista asks for an comformation? You know " this program tries to reach your settings, do you allow " I couldnt find how to close it from security center. Can you describe me the way?And another thing is " this program wasnt installed properly, should I install again " What is it exactly? At first, I thought there is a problem but that thing pops up even I clicked " cancel " in the install screen.Without opening extra programs, almost 1gb ram is already used. How can I close some startup programs?Thank you in advance.

Ive never used vista, and the reason is this....:

Without opening extra programs, almost 1gb ram is already used.

Youll find that vista is EXTREMELY heavy on RAM and CPU cycles. Its likely that you wont be able to reduce this amount by much at all because most of it is probably Vista itself. However disabling special effects like Aero (they may have renamed it, during the Beta it was called Aero, its where you can make windows transparent etc...) and disabling extras like the desktop clock, calendar etc....

Let's not exagerate.Vista doesn't eat so much RAM memory.If I start it normally, with my default services started and my gadgets, it uses 600 MB.But I have Vista Home Basic, probably you (Janissary) have another version of it.As for your questions, I don't now about turning off those confirmation messages. It annoys me too, but I didn't have time to search a solution on google.About stopping some services, go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services. But be careful what you stop there.And I should add that I like Vista. I had it for 5 months, I'm not a newbie with computers, and I think it's just fashionable to say Microsoft products suck. I'm not a Microsoft fan, I did try Linux, Mac systems, and I can say Vista is ok, IE is ok, Microsoft Office is great, Visual Studio and .NET are fantastic :)

Actually there is a way to turn it off all those prompts because they all come from Vista' UAC or User Access Control. Go to this website and choose of the many options to disable UAC on your computer. OF course, the downside of things is that UAC is used to detect intrusions on your computer and so with that off you will not know if anything got install on your computer or not and so plan on being cautious with what website you go to or software you install as that won't give you the warning that UAC usually gives.

OF course, the downside of things is that UAC is used to detect intrusions on your computer and so with that off you will not know if anything got install on your computer or not and so plan on being cautious with what website you go to or software you install as that won't give you the warning that UAC usually gives.

As I said, I had Vista for 5 months, and there was never one moment when does damn confirmations saved me from some virus or something.
Of course, I am generally careful on what links I click and stuff, so they might be useful for other people.

But I will turn them off right away.

Thx for the link...The reason Im eating 1gb ram can be becasue of many pre-installed start up programs by the manufacterer. Acer (something) programs takes 60 mb. Right window takes 30 mb...