xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FreedomOverdose

Google Indexing Help heeeelp

Hello

I'm having some trouble with google. It keeps indexing my site through trap15's address name.trap....... etcetc, but not through the domain!! It even indexes what I write on topics that I'm asking for help, here at t17. TMy question is: How can I prevent google from indexing name.trap17.com???? Thanks

Heh, at least you got Google to index yours. Even with sitemaps and stuff I'm having issues with google recognizing my site.I've gotten it to the point where it will recognize it with site::address or whatever the command is, but other than that it's rough.Along with this, I have a lot of incoming links but Google still doesn't show any of them, even after a few months.I'm not sure if both of our issues are due to it being a subaddress(xxx.trap17.com) or what.

You could use robots.txt to prevent search engine bots accessing certain parts of your site. Presumably you use this to disallow all bot traffic to subdomain.trap17.com but ALLOW all bots to access domain.com Im not sure how that would work but it *might*. I cant remember the syntax for robots.txt but google it and youll find the answers. The other reason you get so many results from T17 is because T17 has a massive page rank meaning it comes near the top a lot and because all the posts are trawled by google any mention of your subdomain or domain (for example in your hosting/upgrade request posts) get pushed very high in the results list.Remember that a user wont be searching for mysite.com they will be searching for keywords so it might not list T17 at all with those keywords.

So the robots file is just to tell it to go to the 'dns' address rather than the 'real' one?And when it comes to the page rank...What is the real way to boost that? So far everything that I have tried has given no luck.I did read places that page rank is updated every 4-6 months, but a lot of places say it's now updated nonstop. It's making it hard to tell if I should be worried about my lack of page rank/indexing or not.