xisto Community
rpgsearcherz

Question About Hosting After Credit System 3.0

This is something that I thought of today..Once the credit system 3.0 is fully rolled out(Not just like now where it's running but not completed) what will happen with our current sites?Like, do we need to start backing up everything now for a server change or something, or will our current hosting package be automatically rolled over?Just wanting to make sure that I am not going to lose all of my information and all once the transformation is complete.Also, what if we end up doing an upgrade later? Will our current site be "copied" into the new host? Or will we need to re-upload everything again?Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but it seemed like the best fit.Thanks in advance.

My impression is that the Free Accounts currently owned will need to be converted to "paid" accounts in the Xisto Billing system at some point. The difference will be that the payment will be made with the myCents/xisto-dollars earned from the postings here on the Xisto instead of the dollars in your wallet via your Credit Card/Paypal.\Based on the fact that all the SErvers are ckustered at the same location, and interconnected to the services at Xisto, I would think that there would be no need to upload/configure anything except the Billing registration and the "plan" purchase. Select one of the available plans and then add it to your Cart in the Xisto Billing site. As you go to the checkout, use paypal to make your payment. The process will then grab your payment from the Xisto Dollars attached to your account.Since this is a new system and not all the software is completely installed/implemented, please be patient about the whole thing until further direction comes from the Admins.

Although it is recommend to back up your websites on a weekly or a daily basis, I would believe that all the servers will be safe from getting deleted or terminated. Of course, I would believe that part of the script will be the most complex, like haslip said everything on the xisto network will be interconnected thus the reason v3 credit system is slowly being implemented to make sure most of the bugs are found and fix before moving to the next step. Consider current v3 to be an alpha release in the sense that some things are working but is still being develop and then somewhere down the line a beta release will be implemented with the full stable version release. As for the full release I am being told that it will be happening on the IPB 3.0 board which is suppose to come out sometime this year, do not know if it is out yet, but odds are OpaQue has got a beta version of that forum to work on v3.

Ah, thanks a lot for that information.I'm not in a rush for the transferring or anything, just wanting to make sure that everything is taken care of on my end.I'm actually quite happy with the progress so far. If I run into any more issues or anything I'll be sure to report them, :)

Members are requested to go to Xisto - Web Hosting.com and Order LOGIC plan.Logic Plan is very affordable and instead of $3.33 per month cost compared to Plan3S, we offer it for $0.99 per month.Adding MySQL and other features will increase your cost .. however, it allows complete customization as per your requirement.If Space and BW is your concern, you may order about 10 GB space and 200GB BW for $4-5 :-) And this can be easily covered within a 4-5 days of good posting :)

You should download SQL backups about every day, depending on the size of your forum. As for your website, just download the files when you change them. That's what I do, and it saved me from resorting to a week old backup, because I used to only do it every week.

I will definitely start doing that, and thanks for all of the advice.As for the different plans, I will do some more research on your site about the various ones that you offer and go from there, :)