xisto Community
TirexMan

What We Are Doing To The Planet We Are Living On?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a question and would like to see where everyone stands on this.Lets compare the world as a whole to a smaller place in an ecosystem. Lets say the maximum amount of deer in particular alloted, closed off forest, is 200. This forest supports 200 deer stability for a long period of time because of the self supporting ecosystem. Lets say a huge amount of food is dumped in that forest that only the deer eat. So the deer breed out of control and eat all the food, that food is gone and with a population of 2000 deer all the rest of potential food will be gone also. So the deer starve and die in huge quantities and after the damage they did on the environment, it supports only 20 deer now. Since this same logic can be applied to humans and the world, why would we be worrying about something as seemingly trivial as abortion being legal or not? shouldn't space exploration be a bigger priority? Or at least more of an attention to what we are doing to the planet we are living on? I really ask this because I do not understand your positions on this. Please help me here.P.S. Sorry If wrong place!

I really ask this because I do not understand your positions on this. Please help me here.

Hi TirexMan!

what do you mean by that? are you trying to understand everyone's position in the forum? good luck :)

anyway, the little story you brought up fits quite well with the situation of the human race... we have grown bigger and bigger, outnumbering other species and posing a threat to the survival of many of them. Will this come back to us? Logic would say "yes". It makes little sense that our numbers keep growing the way they have in the last century without running in some sort of barrier, being it lack of resources, triggering of catastrophic events or what seems to comprise both of the above, that is climate change.

Whether we should look for another planet to live on or try to save our planet is an open debate? personally I think it would be morally appropriate to try the second :P talking about moral, I don't think the discussion on abortion is the best example of "something seemingly trivial", there certainly are more trivial things we do and worry about, those, I agree could and should be put behind and priority be given to looking into ways to guarantee the survival of our race.

But I was just thinking, is the survival of the race what we as individuals ultimately want?

Men / women will destroy the planet TirexMan, including ourselfs TirexMan.It is in our nature to destroy and to consume all resources untill there is nothing letf.

basically we are killing the planet.....but lately i am more hopeful because of stuff like Kyoto and some actions against global warming and protecting the green....i think we slowly realise whats going on around

The basic human greed factor means that we are destroyingtoo much of our elements(forests etc) for surplus ratherthan just survival. It doesn't mean much to a corporate ceo just to eat properlywhen he can also have a brand new yacht. On a positive note so to speak,the basic human instinct is survival.Perhaps this gives us hope.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a question and would like to see where everyone stands on this.Lets compare the world as a whole to a smaller place in an ecosystem. Lets say the maximum amount of deer in particular alloted, closed off forest, is 200. This forest supports 200 deer stability for a long period of time because of the self supporting ecosystem. Lets say a huge amount of food is dumped in that forest that only the deer eat. So the deer breed out of control and eat all the food, that food is gone and with a population of 2000 deer all the rest of potential food will be gone also. So the deer starve and die in huge quantities and after the damage they did on the environment, it supports only 20 deer now.

Since this same logic can be applied to humans and the world, why would we be worrying about something as seemingly trivial as abortion being legal or not? shouldn't space exploration be a bigger priority? Or at least more of an attention to what we are doing to the planet we are living on?

I really ask this because I do not understand your positions on this. Please help me here.

P.S. Sorry If wrong place!

Well, we human put our energy into many other things, which animals can not.
For example, we think, innovate, explore which animals are probably not able to do. So increasing food supply will not always have negative impact on our ecosystem. We know the dangers of multiplying ourselves. That is why we are utilizing our energy into many other things such as space exploration and as far as abortions are concerned, we are able to check the population despite of negative things going on.
Most importantly the fact that some countries are on negative growth rate makes it a serious issue that we are actually de focussing from our population increase which might affact our future.

So there is no need to worry as of now, we are intellectuals who are capable of taking care of our environment and surroundings.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a question and would like to see where everyone stands on this.Lets compare the world as a whole to a smaller place in an ecosystem. Lets say the maximum amount of deer in particular alloted, closed off forest, is 200. This forest supports 200 deer stability for a long period of time because of the self supporting ecosystem. Lets say a huge amount of food is dumped in that forest that only the deer eat. So the deer breed out of control and eat all the food, that food is gone and with a population of 2000 deer all the rest of potential food will be gone also. So the deer starve and die in huge quantities and after the damage they did on the environment, it supports only 20 deer now.

Since this same logic can be applied to humans and the world, why would we be worrying about something as seemingly trivial as abortion being legal or not? shouldn't space exploration be a bigger priority? Or at least more of an attention to what we are doing to the planet we are living on?

Dear friend the tendency to show love and effection not only to our loved ones but also to your planet is good and is appreciable but human nature differs out here a lot to that from yours I mean many a people out there only thinks about their family their home and thats all. On the other hand it is also admisible that if you are well concentrating on the betterment of your family as such in turn it will be good for the whole planet also. Your approach is really appreciable my dear. Well done. 

Humans are little more than an annoyance to this planet. We can be wiped from her in a matter of minutes if she chooses to wipe us out. Five (I think) civilizations before us have been wiped out suddenly without so much as an effort. We're destined to suffer the same fate again. So don't worry about the population being too big. I live on 20 acres and can't see my closest neighbor. My mother owns 20 acres where one could build a home in the woods next to a creek and be hidden from the roads and neighbors. I can drive miles and miles in Montana or Wyoming without seeing another living soul. There's no danger of people overpopulating the planet any time too soon. But, if you think that there should be a culling of the population, I invite you to cut your own throat just to start it off and stand by your convictions. Go ahead, kill yourself first if you think the population should be diminished. I've heard that CO poisoning is easy if you just lock yourself in a small room with a small kerosene heater and a match. Just light it up and go to sleep. Suicide is truly painless.

i am doing nothing more than plantation.i accept that the work is not sufficient than just a drop in ocean,i have dedicated my half an hour daily for plantation,i have made a team and doing so.i try my best to avoid polythenes and never used it as where as it was possible for me.but since i smoke,its not so supporting,,but i am trying to get rid of this habbit to save my earth.

We're just like ants living on a grassy field with a ant colony. They think they rule everything and that they are dominant until it rains and everything gets destroyed or a little boy kills all of them. Its not a if , its only a when, only a matter of time. As Watermonkey pointed out five civillizations before have been wiped out, it think will be 2012.