xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

My Review Of Trap17

This review is more for people who are not already part of Xisto, rather than those who are, but regardless everyone can read it, :)I rate the features of the hosting here as a 9/10. The only thing that is really missing is shell/ssh access(but I do not quite understand what the is/what it is for anyways).The customer service is definitely a 10/10 because anytime I have had an issue with my site, ftp, or anything else, live support has been on and they have been able to help me resolve my issue extremely fast.Uptime is a 10/10 for me because so far there have only been outages like once in the entire time I've been here(Pretty sure I've been part of Xisto at least a year) and that was solely due to changing dataservers.Speed is pretty good here. Very rarely I have an issue with sql not connecting to our forums, but that is few and far between. There are many, many other hosts that I have been on that were much worse in that department, and some were pretty much nonstop errors.Ease of use - very easy. Everything is located in the control panel, so there really isn't much else to say about that part.Features - I must say that I love Fantastico. For those of you who don't know what it is, you can use it for a lot of things like forums, blogs, CMS's, etc. There are many of each in fact. More or less it is a one-click installer, so you do not even have to go through all of the work to install those things yourself!I guess it is time to close this, so in conclusion, I would definitely recommend Xisto to anyone who is looking for a host, whether they want free or paid. If their free version is this good, imagine the paid one!

I was actually kind of worried about it at first, so it was used as a backup for my other free hosts...And honestly it was a couple months before I even really started using Trap because I made the assumption it would end up like most others and just crash.But after months I checked it out and it seemed to have been going through upgrades which was enough proof to me that it will stay so I decided to go ahead and hang out here, :)Ever since then I've been regretting not just coming here sooner.

Trap17 is a very good webhost. The only thing I dislike about it is that you can't "freeze" you account at will. So here I am posting as I am running out of credits... :PAnyway...I started using Xisto as a backup as well. But then I looked "at the fineprint" of my previous host, and decided to leave them. And here I am now... At Xisto...I think I will be staying here for quite a long while. Though I might terminate my hosting sometime soon, if I decide so...For free hosting, Xisto has a 10/10 for everything except for uptime. That part with the server change really messed up things... :P So I give that a 9/10 a tiny blotch on Xisto's perfect record... :)

Out of curiosity, what would be the point of "freezing" your account though?You mean so that you aren't using credits while you are away, right?But if this is true...Why make a website? The whole point of them is to be up all the time so that others can visit them at any time.

I would agree that freezing your account if you gone for a month is kind of foolish, because then it would defeat the whole purpose of the credit system, but of course with the new version of the credit system coming out you won't have to worry about posting in order to keep your site unsuspended since you won't have to worry about losing a credit/cent a day, well maybe not yet at least.

Nice, I like this host and i rate it 10/10 and the credit system is a very clever invention and proves very useful for both members and admins alike and the hosting options are very good as well as the free domain choice i really like it! I also think that the Xisto community is great and there are many active posters :)

Edited by daftpunk (see edit history)

Yeah, honestly the system, even after all the months I've been using it, are still unbelievable.Even looking at other hosts most of them don't offer the same stuff on their free system, especially things like the mail system(I've yet to find another free host where you can use your forums to send out mail. The others always have that disabled due to 'security' reasons).And then you think of the fact that even at one credit a day...A decent post would be 2-3 credits, sometimes even more than that. So it's really *not* a credit a day. It's more like a post every few days, or maybe even 2 posts a week or so.I know of a lot of people who complained about that part but the way I see it, I'm learning a lot from the forums regardless, so to me it's become a point where I don't even care so much about the credits, I just like giving input and seeing how others feel about things as well.One minor complaint that I do have now though is there seem to be quite a few accounts popping up that are posting spam, like 30 links to random stuff(much like you would find on blogs and whatnot)...So that bothers me a little.

I would so far rate trap 17 a 10/10. Some people might not like posting but like rpqsearcherz said I learn a lot of stuff by posting here. Just listening to peoples website problems and other members telling them how to solve it teaches me a lot. The community here at Xisto is great. Everyone seems to like helping others out which is great. The hosting is great to, I mean, come on we get what others pay for just by posting. The features here are amazing. When I was looking for a host for my website I wanted to find a host with cpanel and thats just one of the features that Xisto gives away free. It's also very easy to get host here and it's very user friendly. I also love the fact that now under the new myCent system we can get good damain names and also that we can post on both Xisto and Xisto and get both credits counted towards the total xisto earned amount. I'm sure there are tons of other reasons why Xisto gets a perfect 10/10 in my book but the list is too long to type (which is a good thing).

I've been with Xisto for 2 years. My hosting as been on and off, as I've been going from paid and then back here. I can tell you right now, to NOT looks any further then Xisto. Free hosting is hard to come by, and there aren't many reliable hosts like Xisto. Plus, with this new my credits you can get a free IP address with your hosting account. What host can you think of will do the same thing? There's also shell access available as well :PXisto gets a 10/10 for me. Not doubt about that :)

Even though that I have not been hosted yet,Hosting - I rate it 10/10Customer Service/Support Team - I rate 11/10 , yes, its off the scale.Speed: 10/10Uptime: 10/10Overall Rating: 10/10Xisto is the BEST hosting compared to the other hosters that I've been with. It deserves at least a 10/10 rating.

Even though that I have not been hosted yet,
Hosting - I rate it 10/10
Customer Service/Support Team - I rate 11/10 , yes, its off the scale.
Speed: 10/10
Uptime: 10/10

Overall Rating: 10/10

Xisto is the BEST hosting compared to the other hosters that I've been with. It deserves at least a 10/10 rating.

LOL. Just wait until you finally do get hosted. I'm really glad that Xisto updated the cpanels. I remember when I first got hosted with them, the cpanel was pretty outdated. Now, it's updated very much frequently :)

trap17 is great. the moderators and admins are very helpful and the open discussion is great. the good thing about the open discussion is that it is about everything not just gaming or science or movies. it is about everything which is great. the only bad thing is that i find the hosting extrememly complicated. i don't know how to start editing my website. i have the hosting and everything but i don't know how to build my site! my cent was very confusing at the beginning but i got it after about a day. i would rate Xisto 9/10 or A.

Well firstly when i came into the free hosting business, I was surprised by how good some where, but soon realizing that they weren't so good probably because I was a tad clueless when I first started with websites. They all would crash on me and then I would either have to wait or start over again on another one. When i found this xisto ring of hosting, I joined with Qupis because I couldn't be bothered posting anything and didn't mind a text link. Well when i saw it I changed my mind. I learned a hell of a lot though on how those cpanels worked as I had never used them before. I loved it but then remembered i had two other choices Xisto or Xisto but would have to post. I chose Xisto and posted my 30 credits for the best package. I was in love with it but for some reason I forgot to post and my account was suspended. I got it un-suspended but for some annoying reason was not able to view it on my computer or any of my computers. Even though other people could it just blew me away with confusion. I soon gave up then came back and saw a new Credit System and decided to look into it. Now here I am posting for a free domain and the best hosting that money could even buy. I love it!Overall I would rate the whole ring of Xisto a 10/10. Never thought I would find anything like this! Thanks..:lol: