xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EinReaper

Hello My introduction

Hello to all of you!

I am Michael (in my language it's spelled Mihai). I was unfortunately born in Romania and, even more unfortunately, I'm still here now.
I work as an IT Helpdesk for a company that you never heard before and probably never will. For those that don't know, Helpdesk means I have to make sure that users inside the company don't wreck PCs and printers. I always have my hands full because I have to deal with a lot of "what does this button do?" kind of people.

Hoping of better days... (hmmm... should add this to my signature :) )
Mihai

Hello Michael (Mihai) aka: EinReaper from Romania Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA.

You might like to tell us why you joined our forum. Are you looking for conversation or are you looking for hosting? Sounds like you are in a somewhat dead-end job. In supervision of a lot of us computer illiterates. :)

If you are having trouble with your introduction, perhaps this will help.

You can use the links just above my sig to learn all about Trap 17 which you will need to know to prevent making mistakes during your visit with us. Do you intend to stay a while? Enjoy yourself while you are here!!! See you around the boards. :P

Well, I would lie if I said I'm here for something other than the free hosting. :)However I like that the forum is so big and there are many topics to talk about; I've already found the Games Area suitable for me, but I don't understand why there is a Strategy sub-forum and a RTS (real time strategy) sub-forum; that just doesn't make any sense.Regarding my job ... yes, it may be a dead-end one, but sometimes it gives me enough time to study about stuff I really care about, like networking and programming. Sometimes it may be a real pain, like today we changed the main printer and I installed the new one on all PCs; all the users have to do is set the new one as default and they don't even know how to do that. This means that I have to get around to nearly 50 PCs and do that myself. Even so some users swear that not all their jobs are printed on the new printer. This was amusing the first couple of times I heard it, but now it just got old.Anyway ... I need the free hosting account so I can test my programming skills on an "out there" website instead of the one and only localhost.

Hi EinReaper!

Welcome to Xisto! Oooh, I have a friend from Romania. Fun girl, I wonder if most Romanians act like that? She learned me some Romanian but I have no idea how to write it. If I did it is to mean to write here anyway. :)

Mich has filled you in with the most important things, so I will not repeat. Just so you know we have a couple of updates on the forum and in the systems going on right now, so it might be slightly confusing. :P Posting for hosting is still the basic idea, know that and you will be just fine.

Good luck! Hopefully I will see you around the boards.

From Bluebear, Norway.

hello and welcome to Xisto EinReaper. its great that you love your job :lol: ! its good to see that you have been pretty active at Xisto since your introduction so well done. hope you are here for the long run and you enjoy the forums and hosting here at Xisto. ^_^