xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online [resolved] Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

I haven't heard a date yet but I think they want to give those people that post a bunch in one month and then leave for a while because they have enough credits to do so and then come back when they get low on credits time to come here and see that we are changing systems so they have time to change. Thats just my guess eirther that or they just want to make sure this new myCent thing works before deleting the old system.

This is the idea for slow integration phase that we're on. We're not cutting it off until everyone has the chance to familiarize with the new system.

Question: The posts above have got me kind of confused. If you buy a top level domain and hosting at the same time from Xisto - Support do you need to park that domain in your cpanel then? If not when do you have to park your domain? I never parked a domain before and the posts above made me feel like I am suppose to.

Parking a domain is an option if you have had a sub-domain for a while and you later purchased a domain name. It is not, however, what you're suppose to do. What I would suggest is that you tie (change your hosting) to your hosting so that instead of using a sub-domain for your home directory you are using your domain name. This is easier when managing your cpanel with custom scripts.

OpaQue would like to see everyone owning some piece of TLD. So he is making it easier for average users like you and I to own a domain or two.

What I would recommend is, unless you have key traffic flowing into your sub-domain name, request domain name change and make the official tie of your domain to your hosting. Again, this is optional.

I've got a domain name with Yahoo that's going to expire in the next week, and I won't be renewing with them because they're too bloody expensive. How fortunate (and timely) that Trap is now offering "MyCent." How many hosting credits would it take to have my domain managed by Xisto? Hope it's not too much....

I've got a domain name with Yahoo that's going to expire in the next week, and I won't be renewing with them because they're too bloody expensive. How fortunate (and timely) that Trap is now offering "MyCent." How many hosting credits would it take to have my domain managed by Xisto? Hope it's not too much....

Its not the hosting credits that need to build to get a domain, but the myCents and in this case you need 999.0 myCents or $9.99 in your myEarnings. Which is a yearly payment and not a monthly payment for the rest of your account unless you choose to do a yearly payment and then it would be included.

First, you should register at the Billing link found in the opening Post of this Thread.
And be sure to use the same email address as your Xisto profile, or contact Xisto - Support to modify it for you.
Changing it yourself will not work correctly.
The MyCents will accumulate and earn xistoDollars quicker than you imagine.

Thank you for the responses. Would I be correct in assuming hosting credits can't be exchanged for myCents? If I'm wrong, what's the going exchange rate?

Its not the hosting credits that need to build to get a domain, but the myCents and in this case you need 999.0 myCents or $9.99 in your myEarnings. Which is a yearly payment and not a monthly payment for the rest of your account unless you choose to do a yearly payment and then it would be included.

Wait......there is an extra 12.36% tax. I just bought one yesterday and charged $11.21....$9.99+$1.33 service tax.

Thank you for the responses. Would I be correct in assuming hosting credits can't be exchanged for myCents? If I'm wrong, what's the going exchange rate?

Yes....hosting credits can't be exchanged. They are no more...instead you'll earn mycents for all your posts.

First, you should register at the Billing link found in the opening Post of this Thread.And be sure to use the same email address as your Xisto profile, or contact Xisto - Support to modify it for you.
Changing it yourself will not work correctly.
The MyCents will accumulate and earn xistoDollars quicker than you imagine.

Followed your instructions jlhaslip, and the registration went quite smoothly. Thank you.

It's a brilliant idea, really. My antiquated hosting credits were miraculously exchanged for cutting edge myCents in the blink of an eye. Soon, I think, my domain will be hosted with Xisto - who are charging a very reasonable fee compared to my previous domain manager. Not sure how yahoo.com went from charging $10 to $35 for a domain name in the span of one year. Not very competitive, if you ask the Enlightened Misanthrope. At any rate, hats off to Xisto for brewing up this excellent idea! More are sure to follow, no doubt.

Nope those old version two credits mean nothing anymore. Those will sooner or later be deleted and only myCents will be here.

Wait......there is an extra 12.36% tax. I just bought one yesterday and charged $11.21....$9.99+$1.33 service tax.

I didn't know there was a tax on it. It makes sence that there would be a tax because we are now using real money but I didn't know. I'm glad you told me that. I think it should be added to the front of this page of this thread to keep from confusing people.

Not sure how yahoo.com went from charging $10 to $35 for a domain name in the span of one year.

Dang! They charge 35 dollars for a domain!? How can they get away with that, it is basically robbing people of their money. Good thing you knew about Xisto.

The new myCENTs system is great - It provides services that are useful fore people who already have a host. For instance the domain names, which are useful even though I already have paid hosting I am happy with.The prices are very reasonable too!

I might have found another bug in the system, I just posted a tutorial and sure I got the hosting credits but before and after it was approved and so it is something to look into.

I might have found another bug in the system, I just posted a tutorial and sure I got the hosting credits but before and after it was approved and so it is something to look into.

Hosting credits is no way connected to myCENTS :lol: are you referring to credits here or mycents?

-shree

Bleh completely missed something in my last post :lol:, what I meant was just like the hosting credits you get them automatically after you post the tutorial before its approved, however I never got credited myCent's before or after it was approve and I checked 4-5 hours after each event to see if kicked in or not.