xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandice

My New Project would you like to help me?

I wrote this poem recently that I feel needs to be heard rather than looked at. And I was thinking that it might be more interesting if it just wasn't me reading it. If you've read any of my stuff, this will make sense- I was hoping that I could get some volunteers to read a few lines or words each.

If you are interested in being a part of this, send me an email ( brandi.h@gmail.com ). All you need is a microphone hooked up to your computer and the wav recorder thing.

In return for your help, I will put a link to your page on mine.

I read some of your poems. They're very interesting; the ones I read all sort of have the same feeling of randomness. In that poetry class I took in college, there was one form of poetry where you would print off a page of any text and then tear it to pieces. Then you would pull out one word at a time, do 5 words per line, and then that would be your poem. It was really quite fun when we did it in class. Anyway, particularly "5 Scenes" feels like that sort of construction of a poem was used. How did you do this poem--what was your inspiration? I'm intrigued. :P My favorite line I think is "Network hipbone butter effortless" because of the soundplay involved.

I read some of your poems. They're very interesting; the ones I read all sort of have the same feeling of randomness. In that poetry class I took in college, there was one form of poetry where you would print off a page of any text and then tear it to pieces. Then you would pull out one word at a time, do 5 words per line, and then that would be your poem. It was really quite fun when we did it in class. Anyway, particularly "5 Scenes" feels like that sort of construction of a poem was used. How did you do this poem--what was your inspiration? I'm intrigued. :P My favorite line I think is "Network hipbone butter effortless" because of the soundplay involved.

43286[/snapback]

very true they are all random and i dont get poetry it confuses me and makes me wanna hide. But what are you ganna do there all better than i can do. Good job

Thank you for reading my poems and for the nice words. I don't really go into writing any of them with a topic. I just kind of sit in a quite room and they just happen. I know that sounds weird, but I really don't know how to explain how they come out. :P I kind of got the idea for writing in this style from an article I read years ago with this singer. They asked him about the meaning of his (kind of boring and predictable) lyrics and he said, "they're just words that sound good together."I thought, how about really writing something purely for the sounds the words make next to each other. That's why I'm trying to get people lined up for this newest one- to kind of force it to be an audio experience.