xisto Community
sylent

I Blew Up My Phone! Shot it dead.

This doesnt amount to much, but I thought it was a funny story and you guys and girls would get a chuckle out of it.Just a couple of months ago, before moving back to the Dallas area I had a Nokia pos through Cingular/att.I had it for awhile, and the service for much longer, but since ATT took over their service has gotten worse, esp out there.So, after calling support a few times and exchanging the phone twice as well as the battery a couple of times, at my expense of coarse, I just decided enough was enough.(It wouldnt hold a charge for more than an hour and would super-heat during charging.)So, while on the phone listening to the lady tell me that it must my fault, and to send the phone in once more, I told her to hold on ... set the phone down, and shot it with a Smith and Wesson 44 mag!"Your call has been disconnected!"It wasnt a temper tantrum ... I was very calm and collected .. just fed up with them.I just wonder what the lady heard, because the phone was obliterated to say the least! :lol: I decided to go get a new model of phone to ride out my existing plan, 6 months left, and pick up some hollow-points on the way .. you never know when you may need them! ^_^

Wow, o.ONever really thought about that before,heh. I mean sometimes I get annoyed at things that don't work but most of them can be fixed with work and patience, :lol:Your issue with the battery seems interesting though, seems like it wasn't the battery that was bad, but rather the power supply in the phone itself...

Haha awesome! You should have taken pics and sent them to ATT!! I sometimes want to blow up my phone too... and my computers... !!

Yeah, I wish I had taken pictures anyway, but didnt think about it at the time.

Wow, o.O
Never really thought about that before,heh. I mean sometimes I get annoyed at things that don't work but most of them can be fixed with work and patience, ^_^

Your issue with the battery seems interesting though, seems like it wasn't the battery that was bad, but rather the power supply in the phone itself...

Yeah I had changed both the battery and phone, and it wasn't that I was annoyed with the phone as much as the support people.
I've called and gotten good service, but sometimes they'd be better off to have monkeys on the line or something. :lol:

haha, that sounds like fun. You should have recorded it. I too, wonder what the lady heard. I hope she didnt go deaf, she must have gotten scared. Its very funny how it showed your call has been disconnected after it got shot.