xisto Community
sylent

Chocolate Mug Cake In 5 Min. The most dangerous cake in the world.

The most dangerous cake in the world.1 Coffee Mug4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)4 tablespoons sugar2 tablespoons baking cocoa1 egg3 tablespoons milk3 tablespoons oil3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)Small splash of vanillaAdd dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.Add the egg and mix thoroughly.Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share!)And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake -- any time, day or night! :lol:

Edited by sylent (see edit history)

I have never made a cake by microwaving it... are you sure this will work? Wouldn't it just heat the mixture, not bake it?If it works, I have to try it some day.A200

I have never made a cake by microwaving it... are you sure this will work? Wouldn't it just heat the mixture, not bake it?
If it works, I have to try it some day.

A200

Oh yeah, it works nicely .. just dont over cook it or it gets rubbery and eventually hard really fast.

A microwave vibrates the liquid molecules causing friction, thus generating heat throughout the product.
Whereas a convection oven heats from the outside inward, but its the heating of the ingredients which cause the "chemical reaction" and rising etc. of the cake either way. lol

I dont think it would work well for a full-size cake, because by the time part of it got done, the rest would still be doughy, due to the reduced cooking time, but because it is a small amount it does a pretty good job of it.

I do like the crispy edges of conventional cakes cooked in a convection oven, and this method does not do that .. but it's still good. :lol:

What an absolutly cool idea! I have GOT to try that one, thanks for sharing, your right though, it is probably a dangerous thing to be able to have chocolate cake that easy! :P

What a great idea...it's like those little microwavable cakes they sell, but this would probably be a lot cheaper and you can make the exact flavor you want. I will definitely be trying this next time I want cake.

It works.Chocolate Mug Cake In 5 Min.Yes, it works. I am having some now. I had to try it ...I happened to have all the ingredients except the milk so I substituted 3 tablespoons of cinnamon vanilla liquid coffee creamer. I also added pecans...It's wonderful. Enough for 2 servings.-reply by Tina