xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Computing Host's New Look...

i don't like it. sorry. first, there are no upfront prices on anything anymore. you have to go through step by step until you finally know exatly what you are paying right before you add your package to your cart. this is what dell does through their own checkout process.i like to see specific packages with the option to upgrade before checkout. this is coming from someone who browses website hosting packages that doesn't want to spend 5-10 minutes figuring out what addons i need.i think this was a big mistake made by c. host to change how you purchase a plan and limiting a consumer to the upfront costs. i like the new look, don't get me wrong. the new look looks great, but i suggest to bring back at least 3 upfront packages so people don't have to go through a long checkout proccess if they are just browsing.if c. host still offers that, i didn't see it in the "packages" option and neither will anyone else.so why did c. host transition to how you check out and make it more difficult to check a price?

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

We are preferring to have Customized Order and stressing mainly on Logic Plan. This package is a lot cheaper compared to other packages and also helps us customize and manage the order better. I am currently working on Credit System v3.0 and once this program is up, I am expecting a lot of interaction with this new package. Once v3 settles down, I will improve the layout further again.In that mean time, I will have more data to build new set of packages like Plan-3s, 7s and 9s which were active before. The current competition in this industry is putting a lot of pressure when it comes to compiling a good package. Logic Plan is something which I m experimenting with and so far the results have been satisfactory.I respect your feedback and I understand that a lot of further improvements with respect to packages is required. :lol:Shree

Agree. But the look and user interface are excellent. Looking very cool. But, unlike other hosting providers no different package details on the home page and no package comparisons just as you said. So a bit difficult for visitors. And no favicon. But everything else is OK. Navigation is also very good.

Yeah, I agree the that the navigation is a bit to get though, but once you get use to the new look and then figure out what you want to get or what you need for your hosting then it gets easier from there. Of course if you look at all the different packages within each package you notice there is a lot to compare. Of course, I wouldn't doubt their be more changes to the new site, but of course in order to make those changes just like OpaQue know in order to get idea what you like or don't like about the site.

We are preferring to have Customized Order and stressing mainly on Logic Plan. This package is a lot cheaper compared to other packages and also helps us customize and manage the order better.

I am currently working on Credit System v3.0 and once this program is up, I am expecting a lot of interaction with this new package. Once v3 settles down, I will improve the layout further again.

In that mean time, I will have more data to build new set of packages like Plan-3s, 7s and 9s which were active before. The current competition in this industry is putting a lot of pressure when it comes to compiling a good package. Logic Plan is something which I m experimenting with and so far the results have been satisfactory.

I respect your feedback and I understand that a lot of further improvements with respect to packages is required. :lol:

Shree

So, Shree, are you saying I will be able to customize my plan (which is 7S), before the next billing cycle?

I did have a 3S plan before and I upgraded to 7S because I was about to exceed the bandwidth. I estimate, if my sites grow the same way, I will be requiring more bandwidth, but not much more in terms of space. Will I be able to mix and match things?

So, Shree, are you saying I will be able to customize my plan (which is 7S), before the next billing cycle?

I did have a 3S plan before and I upgraded to 7S because I was about to exceed the bandwidth. I estimate, if my sites grow the same way, I will be requiring more bandwidth, but not much more in terms of space. Will I be able to mix and match things?

From my understanding, there is one basic plan called the logic plan. it includes 1gb space and 10 gb bandwidth. It includes cpanel, fantastico and a couple other useful features. After ordering the basic logic plan package, you are able to order more space and bandwidth for about .99 per level upgrade. Then you go through to add on the other extras you need. If you need more than one mysql databases, more than 1 addon domains, more than 5 parked domains, more than 5 sub domains, more than 1 ftp account, you can order more for a cheap price. You have other features you can order such as shell access, front page extentions, etc.

The basic plan starts at .99 a month for the ones that just wants the pure basics. Now what I dont understand is why on the main page, it advertises .99 a month, but when you get to the order page, its 1.99 a month

i did a sample quote and with addons. i added 5gb disk space, 100gb bandwidth, 100mb "logicmail" which is an @yourdomain email acount, 5 mysql databases, and shell access. i declined the other addons which amounts to a somewhat basic package here. total price yearly(i think it's cheaper to pay yearly than monthly) is $86.81 which amounts to an average of $7.23 a month. when you sign up for this specific package, there is also $11.80 setup fee for logicmail.

to sum up, you start with a basic package, then through the billing proccess, you can mix and match anything you want to add on giving you full control to purchase to your specific needs.

again though, it makes it difficult to know how much you are actually paying for something without going through a 5 minute process. it's the only disadvantage i see. especially for someone like me who likes looking for good deals. if i didn't know Xisto - Web Hosting already, i woulda passed it by for a quicker way to get a quote. i personally would still like to see maybe 3 packages without mixing and matching. Xisto free hosting offered a pretty good package with enough addons to satisfy anyone. i would like to see a package like that offered. it also makes it easier for people to switch over from their free hosting on Xisto

what i like about this basic package other than the fact you can mix and match, is the idea around the new credit system through posting. you can essentially pay for your needs through posting now. although this was always a basic feature for Xisto members, it now makes it easier to get your own domain name rather than a subdomain.

all in all, i like the new look and feel. there are pros and cons to everything.

oh, i forgot, edited this post to say that the price above included a top level domain name for $9.99 a year...

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

I myself love the new look but haven't looked around the site enough to say it is perfect or that it has problems but as far is it looks, i like it a lot!It kinda persuaded me to get it as well, wanted me to get hosting at the site because it wasn't so boring.