xisto Community
Tran-Gate

Yourname @ Domain . Com Any providers?

Are there any free email providers out there that allow you to have emails like yourname @ yourdomain . com ?The closest I have found was the "zapzone network" which gets you emails like yourname @ yourdomain . zzn . com .Thanks! :lol:

Do you have a domain registered? If you do, then you can use Google Apps service to have yourname@yourdomain id.

With the standard edition(free) you can add upto 100 users to your domain. (for example you can add

user1@yourdmain). Each user have 7GB storage per account. And you can use all other services like Google Talk and

Google calendar etc...You can have also 10 GB shared storage for Google sites. Goto google apps and find more. You can sign up for standard account here google apps signup.

Are there any free email providers out there that allow you to have emails like yourname @ yourdomain . com ?The closest I have found was the "zapzone network" which gets you emails like yourname @ yourdomain . zzn . com .

Thanks! :)

Dear friend I think zzn is not bad but they have the limit of an email id if I am not wrong but on the other hands google apps are providing with 100 of them that will be much better.

Well if you go onto google and search AOL Free Email Domain, somthing should come up similar to a AOL site. And on that site basically it asks for a user (Admin in this case) and a email that you own eg (google.com) and what you have to do is click I OWN THIS DOMAIN and if you do (or if they believe you ^^) you will end up with admin@google.com and can access it through AOL mail! Thanks!EDIT:Sorry guys! I just heard AOL Stopped this proccess a few days ago.

Edited by Variablez (see edit history)

i have tried out google apps and also it was pretty cool but den also i would like to know any more service provider hereif then please let me knowthank you very much

I have just another teensy little doubt regarding this topic. To check emails, I presume we have to login at gmail.com with the username something like yourname@domain.comIs there an alternate way of logging in? Can I set up the login procedure at my site?

I have just another teensy little doubt regarding this topic. To check emails, I presume we have to login at gmail.com with the username something like yourname@domain.com

You log in with the address https://www.google.com/a/example.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=http://mail.google.com/a/example.com/&ltmpl=googlemail&emr=1 obviously substituting example.com with your own domain. You then have your own log in screen which you can customise slightly, but not a lot. You can change the logo and the colours, but not much else.

Is there an alternate way of logging in? Can I set up the login procedure at my site?

You can log in using POP/IMAP, so you can use a local application on your computer to check your emails. You can also use something like RoundCube running on your hosting account to interface with the email accounts. That provides you with a web interface, but with much more customisation than what you get with Google's log-in page.

You can sign up for standard account here google apps signup.

Thanks a lot xpress. I knew about google offering free service for webmasters, I once got to the free service link about a year ago, but at that time I was too ignorant to bookmark it. And now when I got domain I was searching for it like anything. There seems to be only paid link and 30 days trial. Thanks for the link. It seems that there is not much information on free service.

And about the 10 google email accounts being offered here, what is the difference between setting on our own and having xisto setup for me? If I do it on my own, I get can get more features and can setup even more email account right?

I'm guessing we get only 10 because we're not doing the setup process. That's just a wild guess :(Anyway, I found out that when you first visit the google apps page you can sign up for only 50 accounts. You have to particularly opt for premier service (also free) if you want 100 accounts. And to verify that you are the admin of the domain, you have to upload a html file containing the text google shows you, onto your site. Google will then check that page (within 48) hours, and only then will you be able to use your accounts.

You have to particularly opt for premier service (also free) if you want 100 accounts.

But thats only a free trial.

* You will be asked to provide a credit card number to sign up for the free Google Apps Premier Edition trial. However, you can cancel at any time before the end of your free trial and your card will not be charged.

Anyway the standard edition is more than enough. And I need 15 email accounts so, I was asking whats the difference between xisto doing it for us and we doing it ourselves.

Oh thanks for pointing that out....I didn't actually read everything about the premier pack! I noticed in the order form @ billing that xisto also uses Google Apps to setup the 10 accounts. I say this because they asked for the admin name for the accounts. This can only mean they're doing pretty much the same thing as we would do on our own. Anyway, it's time for me to stop making wild guesses and start waiting for a staff member to answer this question :(