xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

E Mail Warning windows XP Antivirus

Just was checking my e mail this morning and got a letter asking me to download the "new" Windows XP Antivirus. HahaI knew that this is was a virus but thought that I would pass this along here in Xisto for all of you new people that are new here and maybe new to computers. DO NOT Download this program. It is a trojan and will really mess up your system. Just a word of warning to you all

Will keep this in mind. Thanks Echo. WinXP Antivirus is a malware type threat. Don't trust it. Believe me it can delete alot of files from your PC and mess programs up.-Sky

Or obviously, you check the email of the sender whether its legitimate. I've received heaps of emails from the more known sites puporting to be them, yet only to find out its actually a keylogger and/or redirects to a site (either with typos) or so forth which isnt the official address of the "supposed" site.

Yep. people who are new to computers that have no idea what their doing will fall for this.I suggest deleting any e-mail that you:A) Do not know the senderB ) A sender that looks suspiciousC) An e-mail with an attachment on it, which in the case you dont know the sender.Some e-mails can look very real, and it might be tricky. My advise is DO NOT download or open an attachment from someone you do not know.

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

no legitimate or reliable company, is ever going to send you advertisement emails, unless you sign up for them..for example When was the last time you received an email advertising google, on an email address not signed up with them.? Come to think of it, I dont think I have ever received an advert from google on an email account signed up with google.

Will keep this in mind. Thanks Echo. WinXP Antivirus is a malware type threat. Don't trust it. Believe me it can delete alot of files from your PC and mess programs up.
-Sky

OOOH~!! Thanks Sky, I recieved this email yesterday.
I don't see why there are lots of viruses out there.....besides taking your information.