xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Help Needed Regarding Publishing A Paper Especially IEEE

Dear friends , im intrested in the field of security and especially online security and i have done a paper that is a finding on Online security to abolish Phishing completly. So the problem is that if i post it online some one is going to steal it . There is a non profit organisation by name IEEE which helps in people publishing their papers and getting a copyright. If anyone knows how to do it please let me know .Moreover as an engineering student is it possible for me to get patent for my paper. If so please let me know the procedure for it .Ultimately my aim is to get the AntiPhishing algorithm known to the whole world so that it may be useful to many and on the other hand i dont want it to be forged , what i mean by this is i dont want any one to steal the same . So if anyone can provide me with details please tell me .

Unless it is an idea or you have invented software, I don't think you can get a patent. Look in bookstores, because I know there are tons of books on how to get published, and getting a copyright. Unless you have read something or gotten a copyright, I wouldn't publish it either, if I were you, because if it is really good, somebody else could easily get a head of you and say it was their own and make money off it.

Yeah this is what i am tending to say , i wanna get a copy right or a patent so that none will copy the system and im sure that such a system do not exist till date. So can i know how to get a patent or a copy right to something related to that for a paper ?

Hello!I'm an enginering student too.From what i have learned, generaly you don't get a patent for an algorithm. Some months ago i saw a presentation by a famous professor here in my university. He said that there are two ways to get recognized: By the market or by the academia. When you choose the market, you are trying to make money from what you creat. So can try to sell your idea to a big company, associate with a small one or build your on company to make your idea become a product. If you choose the academia, then you maybe be also recognized by the market, and get some consulting projects. This way you can make some money too. If you publish a paper on the subject, you must tell what you have done, or the editor wouldn't accept your text. So actually you are exposing your idea and so there is no way you can control the use of your algorithm anymore.I suggest that you develop your idea to a product or a prototype and then go talk to some other companies.What do you think about that?