xisto Community
Diffusr

Trafficswarm And Traffic Exchanges. Discussion about Traffic exchanges and Trap17

If there's already a thread on this topic, apologies because I didn't see it and please show me the link.Trafficswarm and other traffic exchanges have the ability to boost hits to your website by quite a lot. Most of the traffic you get though is just people surfing for credits for their own websites, so you'll get thousands of hits before getting any genuine visitors. I have read some reports and some say they get worthwhile promotion frm traffic exchanges, others say it's a waste of time.At the first instance it seems like a cheap way of generating traffic and after all, online promotion is a numbers game, it's all about throwing enough mud at the wall until some of it sticks (in this analogy, the traffic is the mud, the sticking mud is the genuine visitors).Because of the supremely fickle nature of such traffic, it brings up issues with things like google adsense. There are all sorts of paranoid conspiracies that say Google "knows" when you're using a traffic exchange and will punish you accordingly. I don't think they are overly concerned or see it as a crime though. If you get any adsense clicks from the traffic exchange it may be because the clicker is genuine. They don't gain anything (traffic credits etc) by clicking your adsense link. Google does though.The question is whether the adsense advertiser would be happy knowing you are using traffic swarm to promote your website, with their ad in tow.I was wondering what Xisto's policy is towards such programmes, if there is one and what experience users have had... :lol:

Completely agreeTrafficswarm And Traffic Exchanges.Replying to DiffusrI have been using Trafficswarm for a couple of days and they say that they have sent me 54 hits,BUT,Ihave Feedjit installed on my website and they don't show a SINGLE hitfrom Trafficswarm! Is it the case that those hits don't show up onFeedjit? Or do they just not count as hits?This website is great, but that floaty yellow thing is really annoying! - but effective!-reply by e-DUDS

Traffic exchange programs are bad, real bad. You just surf around for nothing, people don't even look at your site, and you get no quality visitors. These people won't click on an ad, they won't come back to your site ever again. I'm starting to doubt if they even are people. Maybe some 'traffic generators', just doing hits on your site, which is something you do not want. What's the difference are there 1000 or 10000 impressions if the revenue is the same? There's no point joining traffic exchange programs, and they all are based on the same script. I have tried them all!

Don't believe the hype! TrafficSwarm may send you traffic but it will not send you quality traffic. If people are just coming to your site to earn credits, do you think they are going to be interested in what you are offering?

Here is my experience with TrafficSwarm.

TrafficSwarm might work for you if you are offering some sort of affiliate program and have a very attractive landing page. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time. 

And what everyone says about Adsense is exactly right. Google hates traffic exchange networks.

any kind of traffic exchange program is really irritating because it delivers so little and wastes valuable bandwidth. therefore it's not at all advised to participate in such programs. just put some good content on your site and give your site address in places like Xisto and you will get a decent amount of traffic soon.