xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EdgabtheGreat

I Can't Access My Website? I keep getting the placeholder

My cpanel is working but I cant see my website I keep getting this placeholder:

Great Success ! Apache is working on your cPanel? and WHM? Server

etc...I have tried uploading my website files into the public_html folder in the cpanel but no matter what I do I can't get rid of this annoying placeholder.And yes I did copy index.html into the public_html folder. Am I doing something wrong or have I set up my domain incorrectly?I'm new to webhosting so if someone could help me I would really appreciate it.Thanks

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ? or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/? (although both are giving the apache placeholder page...)

i'm assuming you're using dynamic dns if it's the first one. you sure you have pointed it to the correct nameservers?

ns.computinghost.com

ns2.computinghost.com

sometimes you have to wait for domain propagation though, but since you've been able to access cpanel already and upload your files, i'm lost.

if you want, you can try to contact Xisto - Support.com. they may be able to sort this out faster. follow instructions found here.

Thanks for your help.Yes it is the dynamic DNS domain and yes you where right, I hadn't added these NS records to my domain on freedns.afraid.org, it took me a while to find it though as it is in the Edit Secondaries section of the Domain menu. My website still comes up with the placeholder but I ussume it takes some time to replicate through DNS as you can only add these ns records after their affraid.org ns records.I'll give it some time and see if it starts working.Thanks :lol:

Ok its now been a couple of hours and still no change.I had a look on my freedns.affraid account at the SOA and the TTL is set to 3600, I assume that means one hour so it should have updated by now.there is also and option for Allow AXFR to world? which is not ticked??? I have pointed my hostname to the ip address: 208.87.243.146 in my dyndns account and ticked create wildcard alias. I'm not sure if these has anything to do with it?

Ok I admit I was an idiot :) I spelt my domain name wrong, I cant believe I did something so dumb. It will now cost me 15 credits to change it. Serves me right!No wonder my website was not changing, :P Thanks for your help Xisto - Support. :P