xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDisturbedOne

What Do You Need To Open A Paypal Account?

The minimum you would need is a bank account to tie your PayPal with the account. This is the minimum qualification. Credit card is required for other purposes, such as upgrading your account to a commercial account.Although it's not tested, I wonder if pre-paid credit cards would work.

You need a bank account. You have to know your account number and your routing number. Since you need to have a routing number of sorts a prepaid debit card would obviously not work.

For the record, you don't actually need a bank account (or didn't when I signed up, anyway, and perhaps it only applies to those in the UK), it just means you can transfer funds to/from your PayPal account and actually get your hands on the physical cash. For example, say someone paid you $20 via PayPal. That $20 would sit there until you spent it on something that requires PayPal payment. You should potentially be able to do that indefinitely, provided that you have some source of revenue that keeps coming in to your account.

Tying your PayPal account to a bank account does two things: allows you to actually get at the money; and gives you a form of verification, due to the fact that anyone who deals with you knows that you have a (in theory) legitimate bank account tied to it.

i don't think pre-paid credit cards work. but yeah you need a bank account but why would you want to set up an account and only take the money when you want it? you might as well get the money straight away. if you don't want to spend it then don't spend it put it in your bank so it accumulates interest.

paypal and prepaid cardsWhat Do You Need To Open A Paypal Account?

I did it with the netspend prepaid visa.

set up your netspend account

paypal will load 2 minimal deposits to verify

after your netspend card arrives and you activate it you can then transfer money into your prepaid card account from paypal

How to verify your own PayPal without a credit card!!What Do You Need To Open A Paypal Account?How to verify your own PayPal without a credit card!! - 18-10-2009, 01:121. Make sure you have a PayPal account made. If you don't, go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Now go to Netspend and click the big green "Open Account" button.3. Fill out the info, for the address put in anything, could be your real one doesn't matter. They will send a card to that address most people will throw it out as junk mail if its a fake address.4. Log in to your PayPal account. Hit the "Get verified" link (image provided)5. When the new page comes up, hit "Add Bank Account".6. Log into your Netspend account. Go to "Add/Manage Money", then "PayPal Transfers".7. Copy and paste the necessary info from the Netspend account to the PayPal Verification fields. Wait 3-5 days for the deposit.8. Enjoy Spending!!If u Like this Post PLEASE say Thanks...It will not take MUCH TIME...THANKS to all...-reply by radiotoday

depositsWhat Do You Need To Open A Paypal Account?

I created my account and I recieved the two deposit amounts when I went back to enter them, it asked for my account number again and made me do it again. I am very upset with paypal!