xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kudmus

Reporting Abuse To Hotmail

Does anyone know how to report abuse to hotmail. Someone hijacked my email rarebrid@yo.co.zw and started sending out scams. He's using Nigerian Physical addresses and verificationclaimsunit001@hotmail.com as reply to address. I've had this simple email that I was using for everything less serious. I was using it for everything that I sign up for when I'm not sure what kind of emails I will get. I was using it sometimes in important things when I want to be anonymous. My Xisto - Support password and other things were stored there. Right now I'm in my inbox coz Firefox did not sign out but all my emails are gone.Guys I'm in pain. This is my first time to realize how much I needed this account.

Well your best is go here https://login.live.com/jsDisabled.srf?mkt=EN-US&lc=1033 and following the information about hotmail abuse

Report e-mail abuse to MSN HotmailIf you have received abusive, harassing, or threatening e-mail messages from an MSN Hotmail account, follow the steps below to report it. To report junk e-mail, please see the "Report junk e-mail to MSN Hotmail" section above.

1. Turn on full message headers. MSN Hotmail will need this information to identify the true origin of the abusive message you received:
* If you have an MSN Hotmail account, click Options in the upper-right corner of any page. Click Mail on the left side, and then click Mail display settings. Next to Message headers, click Full, and then click OK.
* If you do not have an MSN Hotmail account, consult your e-mail program's online Help to determine how to view full message header information.
2. Forward a complete copy of the abusive message (including the full message header) to abuse@hotmail.com.

Also if you still have access to your email account change the password and make it more difficult to guess because odd are that is how they are spoofing your email account.

Threats of physical harmReporting Abuse To Hotmail

I expressed an opinion on a you tube video of Charles Manson. I got a notification from you tube at my hot mail address, that some one had responded to me. You tube sent me a link to look at it, and I opened it. The responce contained what I felt was a threat of physical violence. What do I do about that?

Sue

PS

I have since deleted this particular notification from my email. I would guess that if I went to You tube, and looked real hard I could find it.