xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jezstarr

Fifa 09 another addition to the fifa series...

Powered by the third generation of the EA SPORTS football engine, FIFA 09 features more than 250 core gameplay additions and enhancements that deliver the most responsive, intelligent and realistic action ever for the series. Enjoy turning defenders with more controlled dribbling and ball control, snapping off precision shots with improved first-time shooting mechanics and firing beautifully timed passes with greater accuracy, placing the ball exactly where you want it. With new player momentum physics the speed and weight of the player determines everything from the distance of a slide tackle and the power of a header to the severity of player collisions and the height of a player`s jump. Plus, players now behave according to their physical attributes with larger, stronger players dominating collisions, battles for control of the ball, and position in challenges for two player headers.

Polished, refined gameplay - Featuring 250 additions and enhancements to core gameplay, including new animation technology that creates more responsive first-time shooting and passing, faster and more controlled dribbling, and improved trapping, and new player momentum physics that delivers realistic player collisions, authentic jostling for the ball, and more variation in tackling.

Custom Team Tactics - Become a first-team coach with the power to tune and balance 11 tactical sliders for 140 attacking and 40 defending options (more than 50,000 combinations) so CPU players and your team perform just like the real-world team or how you think the real team should play. Save your tactics to make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent�s weaknesses during the game. Plus, share your strategies with friends online*.

Be A Pro: Seasons - Pick or create a professional player and test your football ability over a four season campaign. Master a single position and develop your skills -- passing, shooting, positioning, marking -- to ultimately become a national legend.

Be A Pro: 10 vs 10 Online Team Play - Create your own team of up to 10 friends, all playing fixed outfield positions, to challenge rival teams of up to 10 players. Instead of thinking as an individual player now you have to think and play as a team.

Improved Goalkeeper Intelligence - Goalkeepers position themselves more intelligently, react to shots more realistically and recover from saves faster.

Customised Controllers - Create your own bespoke controller configuration, save it and even take it online effortlessly. Assign actions to the buttons exactly how you like them for complete control.

Looks great you should look at some of the screenshot too. They are very good. I might get it soon, probably won't but it would be cool.

This game also got a 9/10 rating in the official playstation magazine.

SOURCE: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

hey...i have got fifa09 installed in my PC....i have nvidia 8400GX, so high graphic requirements is not a problem......

I found the graphics really good....better than fifa08...

A few things have changed considerably.....i found many different things in the game....

1> The major change i found was...The goalkeeper......

Improved Goalkeeper Intelligence - Goalkeepers position themselves more intelligently, react to shots more realistically and recover from saves faster

Ok fine the goalkeeper might be recovering faster...but it leaves nothing to recover..the ball is already in the nets....

I mean....Its very easy to score goals past FIFA09 goalkeeper....Most of the shots on target convert into goals....

In 09...if you get past the last defender, your job is done....

1-on-1 with the keeper means a goal most of the time,which was not a case in fifa08 where the keeper somehow got a hand on the ball......It was only for a few angles that we could score...

So we can expect high scoring matches,unlike FIFA08,like FIFA07.....

2> Keeping the possession and dribbling

Ok...i found it tougher to keep possession in 09....The players charge very quickly...and you have to rely on first time passes to keep the ball yours...so the game has got much faster....

dribbling is a bit tougher as the players somehow get something on the ball...and i think the players take a lot of time to recover after losing the ball.....

3> graphics

yes, the graphics are as expected more realistic........

all in all.......it didn't impress me in the first shot...but still i will try it.....let see what more has it got for us.....

when i had first tried fifa08 after 07....i didn't like it too..the major reason was low-scoring matches...but with time i started to accept that 08 was a lot better than 07....because it was closer to realty, if we just forget the super-goalkeepers that 08 has.....it will take some time to get along with it.......

Edited by klusk (see edit history)

I have recently installed FIFA 09 on my PC ...I was waiting for it to launch and very curious to play it....as I have been playing FIFA 08 for quite some time..and I have played FIFA 07 also......

..after a lot of enthusiasm and curosity I installed FIFA 09 on my PC ........what I learnt that it was not worth waiting and not up to the mark ....the game hasn't improved in any aspect other than the graphics part.

The gameplay is not same as the previous game...I will explain as we go down.......

Added feature

They have added a mouse feature...which means u can use mouse as one control in playing the game....which is of no use...in my opinion as didn't find it very useful or cool

Improved feature

There is only one feature improved in the game ...and that is the graphics ....the players resemble to real players a lot...and the grass is 3D which looks quite real...and the replays are worth watching if u have a good graphics card.

Now the features I don't like

1....Ball possession ....Ball possession in FIFA 09 is very hard to keep as the players don't stop the ball when its passed to them instead the kick the ball to the side u want the player to take it...so making it lot more easier to loose the ball..

so the possession of ball is problem ..so if u want to have possession the only way is to keep passing the ball and thats the only way to reach to apponents goal.

2.....Lousy goalkeeper.....It seems that the goalkeeper is of no use....if u beat the last defender ...u will score a goal...in 90% cases..or even more chances....

If ur shot is on target ...most of the time it results in a gaol..so be prepared to high scoring games...especially when playing on lan...

3....Manual through passes..I didn't find manual through passes as accurate as in 08...I doesn't matter where ur player is ....it will pass to a direction to where u point...i mean the exact direction...so they are not that effective.....but computer passes are fine...

Overall assessment

Overall I would say that I am dissappointed with the game...my expectations were high...

The game is lot more easier now....now its very easy to score goals...

I find 08 more ..difficult game...and more...enjoying...and more...fun especially playing on LAN...

FIFA 09 is too easy..

I got this game on my ps2 and i like it.Better than 08 in all aspects especially graphics etc.If you are good at fifa games then goal keeper doesn't matterScoring is always easy when you get the hang of it even online

Good reviews above, I love how they have included A-League in the past two releases something that PES has not yet pursued. It gives us the Aussies something to be familiar with. Haven't played a FIFA game at all so I will be loving everything i think, that's if I get it! Also disregard the post about it being released at the end of the year, its the end now! LETS FIFA08....

I really want this game. Looks and sounds like a great game. The new improvements look great and I have alot of difficulties score in Fifa 08 so, glad that they returned it to normal :P. I hope I will get this game soon.

1 on 1 with the goalkeeperFifa 09

In the previous versions of the game, if your last defender was the goalkeeper, you were pressing W (the "Through Ball" key) hoping the goalkeeper will come out of his area and take the striker's ball.

In FIFA09, I tried several times the same move, I tweaked the keyboard controls, nothing happened. It seems that the only option is to select the keeper and manually try to put him into advantage. 

From this point of view, I find more useful the previous versions, when pressing W was pretty much efficient. If you know how to apply this scheme on FIFA09, I'd strongly appreciate a reply.

Thanks!

-question by levish

In the long run there's nothing new to these sort of games. Other than improved graphics I can't see anything exciting in the continuing series. But I'm not complaining too loudly - if I get a chance to play the latest version I surely would! :)