xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Forum Skin Never Shows

Hey.I've actually had this problem now a few times. It's very...how can I put it, erm....it happens not so often but the skin and images never load. The skin stays white, and the images don't load or show at all.My cPanel is working perfectly fine, and my Admin CP is fine too. The other skins (IP.Board Pro, and IPB Classic Blue) skins are never affected like this. I am just wondering, would someone DoSing my site cause this problem? If so I know who's doing it, and he's a member on here too.if you could tell me why Central-Gaming Forums does this, I'd appreciated. Thanks,-Sky :lol:

If someone was DoS'ing your site, then entire Xisto network will have been affected... So... Unless the Xisto network is being DoSed, there wouldn't anything to do with your images not showing...Now... The thing is... You should go into cPanel and make sure hotlinking images is disabled, and see if that makes a difference... If it does then turn it back on and type in your site's address in the exclude box and see if it does anything...If the above doesn't work, you need to go to file manager (Though a good FTP program will be preferred), go to where ever the images are stored and make sure the files ar CHMOD'd to that everyone can see them and excecute them but can't write on them... (Can't remember the exact CHMOD value :lol:)If that still doesn't work, re-upload IPB again and see if that helps...If ALL fails, contact Xisto - Support and see if they can do anything to help...

If someone was DoS'ing your site, then entire Xisto network will have been affected... So... Unless the Xisto network is being DoSed, there wouldn't anything to do with your images not showing...

Now... The thing is... You should go into cPanel and make sure hotlinking images is disabled, and see if that makes a difference... If it does then turn it back on and type in your site's address in the exclude box and see if it does anything...

If the above doesn't work, you need to go to file manager (Though a good FTP program will be preferred), go to where ever the images are stored and make sure the files ar CHMOD'd to that everyone can see them and excecute them but can't write on them... (Can't remember the exact CHMOD value ^_^)

If that still doesn't work, re-upload IPB again and see if that helps...

If ALL fails, contact Xisto - Support and see if they can do anything to help...

Thank you csp4.0. Your information (I put in bold) was helpful, and has solved my problem. I have not yet had to contact Xisto about my problems. They are all fine, except for this one. (Well, now It's fixed).

Thanks again. :lol:

-Sky