xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bjrn

Passwords How do you keep track of them

I have plenty of email addresss, though I use only a couple of them... Then many other websites, and not to mention the PC itself...For all the passwords, I depend on AiRoboform. It is very good and offers the correct passord for the particular webpage.Gator is supposed to be spyware, but not AiRoboform and you can prevent it from calling home by having a firewall like ZoneAlarm Basic.All these are freeware too! And just to mention it here, I have now become a freeware freak!

I mostly just remember my passwords. I have around seven reused passwords, which is a little above average, I think. I used to have a .txt file on my computer, but it was really unsafe, so I deleted it a while ago. I store some of my more uncommon passwords in the browser too... which as someone said above, isn't safe either if someone hacks in, but eh... I'll get around to really memorizing my more uncommon ones sooner or later. I've been rather lucky so far with that sort of thing.

i got different passwords , and i keep it updated everyyear, by puting a year on it! =) thats a clue... =lolz= anyways, i use passwords that i would really memorize... sometimes, i put it on my journal... just in case i forgot, but if i always use them, i wont forget! =) thats it!

I honestly keep a list of my passwords in a book that only I am able to look into at home. I keep it hidden and the space that it is in is nowhere near findable.

it's easy keeping track of passwords for me, since i've only got 3 main passwords, and the rest are combinations of my passwords (example, if my first password was pass, and the second password was word, i would occasionaly combine them to password) :Dat least i don't use 12345 for my passwords :D

i dont even want to talk about passwords they make me forget that i even have one but most of the time i use the same password for all my acounts but somtimes my freinds keep bugin me to register on there site so i make my password: 123456 and then tell him i registered haha. oh yeah i dont know if this is ilegal but if you try to use 123456 and log on to everyones acount you will finaly make it into a acount coz its around 1 in a 180 chance.

Notepad is my best partner when storing passwords. I must confess that this is perhaps not a very good way of storing passwords, saving them in clear text in a file. But when you have passwords for emails, and all sort of accounts, and you do not want to use the same password for all the accounts, you must do this as a comprise. For passwords that are not some important, say passwords for free accounts at newspapers and magazines, I will simply let my browser remember it. For more important passwords, I will save it in a txt file, copy the file to both hard disks so that if one fails, the passwords are still recoverable. For passwords for FTP sites, I will simply save it on my FTP client so that I can export it to my clients on other operating systems without having to type them all again.

I have a same password for all of my accounts -- email, message boards, messengers, Cpanels and Friendster. I can't think of any reasons why people forget their passwords hehehe. and why would you wrote them on plain papers.... it is the least secured way of storing your passwords. I don't use special software or program for storing mine. My mind is the most secured in my part.But for more security, I change password often, like once or twice a month depending on my free time. I use alpha-numeric variations too, and I change the spellings of ordinary words.I have this friend who told me where he has written his password. It is in a paper somewhere in his room, he said he told me where to find it in case there is an accident and i have to open his accounts for some reason. LOL he's very funny.He is so lucky to have an honest friend like me. i have never thought of opening his accounts, not even checking on his password. why would i open another person's email?! i don't care about other people's personal activities and secrets.

I brought a little book and i keep all my passwords in there so if i need a password for say like msn i just look for msn in teh book and find the email address i want to log in to then below is the password and i just enter the password in on msn. i write it in pencil in the book incase i change my password ;)

Hmm yeap its a great issue. For me to tell you i would stick to same password to all but i use another method. I use different ones but making relation between them so that i can remember all of it. Even if i forget i can get it by calculating the relation of other passwords.

ok the method seems alright but what if someone found out the file that contains the passwords. That would ruin you wouldn't it? And also if you put the same password the problems is the same as above. Plus if you make a file to save password, the another problem is what will you do if you lost the paper or your hard drive crashed. Won't it be terrible?