xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
klusk

Vb And Mysql connecting VB with mysql database

hey....i have heard a lot about PHP and MySql, there are a lot of articles about it and every bit of help is easily available...its a lot easier to set up PHP with MySql....but talking about VB...i didn't get anything convincing... I know it can be done...if not as easy as Php. I have a school project in which i have to connect VB application to a mysql database ...please tell me the easiest way to do it...I have books which tell a lot about VB and oracle....about there connectivity and database usage..but there is no mention of MySql...I think its not a popular method..but still i have to do it...please help

yeah...i have implemented what i wanted to do...i just needed to use Mysql odbc 3.51 or 5.1 driver to connect to the Mysql database set up here...and i picked up a book on vb.net to understand what to do later...i have finished my project now...but i faced a problem while doing it...The connection takes a lot of time...in VB.net i found that , Adapter connects to the database and fills the dataset in 5-6 secs...and there are forms where i use such connection adapters many times...so every from took about a minute to load..that was really annoying..anyways , i learned many things ..I'll try PHP and mysql in my website now....

visual basic and my SQL languages make helps to be a database but here the difference that you can create a program which can run such as software on hardware by Visual basic and SQL is the language which one you can crate a data base by using cmd command.thanks kimhellbert :)

vb is used for making software and mysql is the database of the software.the latest version of vb is vb.net10.it is easy to implement and handle.i recently create a software of a leather shop for my project and i used the 10th version of vb.net.and we can also create full size forms in this version.