xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amrit

Have Any Of You Been Cured ?

have any of you been cured of any diseases or liabilities by meditation or other spirituality ways?? just curious, i am indian and have heard of many and am wondering if it is the same in the west.

hey......you can expect such things in india only.....so i don't think you will get any positive answers from people of the west...but still, let us see....

hey......you can expect such things in india only.....so i don't think you will get any positive answers from people of the west...but still, let us see....

I am in Southeast Asia, being cure by Spiritual way is also common way, but I believe it is the same with America too since many spiritual teachings is well developed there. Such as this one http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Its a teaching from Master Lu Sheng Yen. They cure diseases and can gain blessings from taking refuge in their temple. I have a desire to become a monk there but don't know how the procedure for one.

Beside this True Buddha School, I also know that in west, spiritual teachings such as Falun Gong is also well developed there, but the teachings is banned from China since it is said that Falun Gong uses their mass wanting to turn over the current government.

And among those buddhist, reiki is also well developed in America, also teachings like from Maharishi (which they claim the master meditation can levitate). I think Opaque can give better answer.

actually there are probably just as many people in "the West" as in India who claim to have been healed by esoteric means. Meditating and spiritual healing is pretty much a global phenomenon, not just confined to India.

Oh...i didn't know that....i mean i know such things happen in china and malaysia....but i didn't expect such things happen in america too......I am sorry for my comment.....but i bet such things are not as common in the west as in India....

When I was young and the suburbs we lived in wasn't quite... civilized, our family doctor was, like, 2-3 hours away. Sure, my mom would take me there is anything life-threatening crops up but for simple fevers, my mom relies of ice baths... well, baths isn't quite an accurate word, suffice to say that it involves rubbing alcohol and a bit of water on a basin of ice blocks and a washcloth. For flu, there's crushed oregano leaves mixed with calamansi juice,

If it gets worse, we go to the local healer. In our country, it's called an albularyo: it's a bit like a Native American medicine man, only, there's less dancing and chanting and dead animals. There's mysticism but his outfit certainly is quite normal. When we go there, we always bring one white candle, which I give to the old man. He would then rub some oil on me; the smell of the oil is far from unpleasant but I do remember that it came from a jar with some fine white roots. After that first rub, there's a second rub but it comes from a different bottle this time. The roots in the first one always seem to be the same but the second one varies a bit each time. Sometimes it's leaves, sometimes it's roots, it could be dark green, dark brown or bright yellow.

Anyway, I'll sit there while the old man goes into this shed. He would return later with a lump of wax in his hands. He'll give it to me and tell me to put it inside my pillowcase before I sleep for x number of nights. My mom would remind me that evening and tell me not to crush it much for the next few nights. And, strangely enough, I get better in a few days.

When I grew older, I learned that the practice was called pagtatawas. Traditionally, tawas, or alum, was melted and dropped into a pool of cold water. It would form images of whatever afflicts the victim. In my case, the diagnosis was nabati, (literally "greeted") by whatever image forms (rabbits, dogs, plants, whatever) Well, as I found out, they used the white candle for it, as an alternative to alum. (What? I was 2 years old back then! How was I supposed to know that the long, slender candle I brought with me and the flat rabbit-shaped lump I got were one and the same?) Anyway, I learned later on that the treatment was, supposedly, the same one used for curing kulam (witchcraft voodoo-thingy)

So... what happens when things get more serious that a simple flu? We ride some, walk some and, generally, exhaust ourselves reaching the family doctor. You could very well imagine, then, my relief when a real doctor moved in next door :lol:

It does not depend on which country do you live in, and it does not depends only on your religious beleaves nor on your education if you have a disease/diseases.When you have a disease, and if it is a really bad one, like a cancer, hiv, or another like the ones mentioned, which are diseases that will destroy your organism continually/daily untill you are dead, you start to think in a way completely different of the way you thought when you were healthy, and in that same moment, you start o think in god, obviously related to the education your parents gave you and closely related to your religious beleaves.When you have a really bad disease, and you face the possible death very soon, perhaps even sooner then you might think, you start to feel scared, and so then you have 2 ways to choose to actually go for, the first way is to kill yourself with drinks/drugs/et cetera, the second way is to beleave you can actually fight the disease and win it, so then you start to beleave in a religion (if you did not have one, or if you did not beleave in god), ou start to get in touch with your spirit, and you will try everything to fight and win your disease.Medication only will not cure you from a really bad disease, you need to beleave, to pray, to get in touch with your spirit and religious beleaves, i know it from personal experience.To finish this, i must say that to happen what i said above, it can happen to a person in the west or in the east, in india or in portugal, in america or in russia, it will happen everywhere, a human beeing in america is the same in europe and in russia and in all continents and countries.

I haven't, and I don't really believe in that kind of stuff. People probably lie just to get some money, and they might even heal someone coincidently and than their 'price' will just grow, and they will start getting more people confused. But, when people are desperate they do desperate stuff, and that's not a thing to laugh at. It's the ones who act like 'curers', at least the most of them. They lie, and they are just laughing to people's deceases and their desperate ways of curing themselves.

healing comes from the spirit and the mind of power ,in how we believe in our own selves ,one can be healed within natural manner in more ways than one ,when one believes and meditates within power of one .so many feel we need so many medication so much medical treatment when ,most the times ,power of belief can be as strong and powerful as one prescription of medication .The sunshine is most addictive healing tool ,life has to offer anyone .many generations of different cultures hold strong powerful belief in healing that actually holds very strong truth to affects of that healing .although one must offer themselves in the power of that healing with no doubt .so much in this world that is free and natural that nature offers in healing especially when one thinks of olden ways of healing and belief . :)

From Birth till I was 8 years old I suffered from Chronic bronchitis, I when to my local spiritualist church for the first time at that age with my great aunt. I was told by spirit to get my mother to take me to the healing they did every wednesday at that time. so I did. and I had about 5 healing sessions and I have never had bronchitis since. So as far as I care I have been cured by spirit. and I live in england so I guess healing is for everyone not just a few.

Medications and precautions are always important. And apart from the taking care of one's health from a early stage is always good. Because your life-style and eating habits show what may be lying ahead in future. If you start with a healthy life-style at an early stage it would always prove beneficial. But Medications are not always proved 100% beneficial along with that we need faith in God. Because he has created us and knows us better than we know ourselves and I belive prayer is the key to every closed door in our lives. With prayer and faith in God our healing is a 100% percent garauntee.

We don't understand the value of health at an early stage. In the initial stage of life, we are concerned more of scoring good marks or playing, having fun with friends. So everything seems very beautiful and lighter. Only after getting into the real world, we start taking care of many things, like we say health, self-discipline, meditation, physical exercises, yoga and many things that gives us the inner strength, to do well in our professional as well as in our personal life. Medication helps only when there is some big problem related to our health. Otherwise, medication addiction is too bad and it will not help you. Last time I went to a doctor was in 2003 and till now I have not been to a doctor or taken any medicine. The only thing that kept me away from doctor is my thought process and spirituality. Our mind is the power-house, where the whole universe resides in...so there are many ways through which you can draw that energy from your mind. Nowadays meditation and yoga is a common trend, where everyone is trying to experience something brilliant in life. A human being in his entire life uses only 30% of his mind strength, how far it is true...I don't know, but I believe this is true. Only the enlightenment ones were able to use 100% of there mind strength and reached to that level. This does not apply to everyone.According to me, the last enlightenment one was born 100 years back and he was "Sai Baba of Shirdi" (India, Maharashtra). The first enlightenment was Lord Mahavira, followed by Lord Gautam Buddha. They both were from India, who never believed in God. They believed in thoughts and the purity involved in it. So they reached enlightenment stages in different ways. Life is the reflection of your own deeds and actions. Your wrong action pulls you down and your right action lifts you up...the process of being pulled down stops only when you become 100% pure and it is beyond our imagination to be 100% pure. I am spiritual guy and I have experienced spirituality in different ways.Spirituality helps you, but you have to practice spirituality from initial stage. If you are a third stage cancer patient and you want to be cured by spirituality. This practically will help him or not...I don't know. In this modern era, where there is so many medications, no one would like to take risk of trying spiritual healing. But one thing I can say that there is a giant positive force guarding the whole universe and we don't know what it is...