xisto Community
pasten

An Idea Of Trap17 Web Application

Lately, I was thinking of creating php script for my personal use. The script --> Using xmlhttprequest for dynamic update and cURL for processing the remote page, I would get some specific data from the forums index page, like the online users on trap, dynamically. And more stuff like the latest article (dynamically), top forum credit holders (@SM-> :lol: ) and may be even log the chats, so that at the end of the day I can find something interesting in there. All this things arranged neatly on a page.

And if everything works fine and complies with the copyright issues of trap, how about converting it into Firefox or Opera plugin? Seems great/nonsense? May be both. But for a person like me who can be online the whole day but finds litle time to browse here, it is surely a god sent gift. I know it will be a lot of work like automatic logging and correctly targeting the required elements. How about if admins create one for us all. It would save all the hassles of an external script. This is a professional forum and overall its very huge. It really deserves such an application.

Features this "would be" script would do:

1) Really, there are a lot of forums here. We have to scroll a lot to get to a particular section. And collapsing them wont work on next login. My simplest solution is to save the links of important forums and put that into the page Or bookmark.

I still have more. But if you like it you may continue the list....

something like an RSS Feed? We already have that.

May be yes.
But I want to be dynamically and immediately notified of the online users for example. The one on the forum, we have to refresh and then have to scroll all the way down.

To properly create such an application Xisto or rather IP.Board would need to put out an API. And I don't think they have one.The way the script can work is to scrape the information from the index page but that would mean that the script would automatically load the forum multiple times a day. Multiply that by a thousand or so users and thats a huge amount of bandwidth being wasted.I think what would be best is greasemonkey scripts that can display the forum according to your wishes. It will be simpler to code and easier to maintain. And although it will be less powerful, I think it would be the most appropriate solution to your problem.

That sounds like it could be quite useful!Especially as a browser plugin...Its quite annoying having to go through all of my tabs and refresh them to see if anything has happened, so a plugin like that would be very useful!

Issue:Although I use my personal computer most of the times, there will be some time that I am using a public computer. Bookmarking or RSS feeds will not be the most helpful if I want to go to certain posts quickly. So would (you think) it be possible to have the post shortcut within the user account instead of things like cookies or feeds? As I am not pro at programming or codes, it would be hard for me to imaggince the difficulty of the creation of this function. (but i will soon!)What do you think?

If you want to get notified about topics, replies then you can get help of RSS feeds. and use that feed from Adobe AIR application to view online and login only when you wish to. this way it will save your scrolling time.but i have no idea if there is any feed for current online users etc. you've to check site manually to view something like that. My opinion is to create simple app using adobe air or you can use firefox plugin for that. but i think AIR app for Xisto only will make this project a better and interesting. all you've to do is read the feed using reader in air app. and your purpose for the application is served. create tabs for that AIR app and use it to accomplish some of your features. let me know what you think.