xisto Community
magickosta

What Sport Should I Do Please Help! What sport should i do

ok well im in 9th grade and winter sports are coming up soon. I started wrestling in 7th grade because my family wanted me to try it. Back then i wasn't the really that "cool" but i wasent hated or a geek if you know what i mean. I had karate experience (im still in it). When i join people laphed. Then later when i they saw that i can beat them they shut up but thats besides the point. I went to 2 different wrestiling camps last summer. Im not that good a wrestiling when it comes to meets becouse i get scared of the other team. So i like wrestiling when i just practice but i totaly dont want to go too the meets.This year there is only 1 winter season and i now have to pick which sport im oing becouse last year i tried fencing and i had a good time. I like the sport of wrestiling better but im afraid of getting hurt.Also none of my good freinds are doing wrestiling. most of them are doing fencing. My best friend which i now never get to see becouse his not in any of my classes does fencing.It would be esier to decide if my karate instructer wouldnt tell every one my name at the end of the class and then tell them that im good at ground fighting becouse im a wrestiler.Also my friends that are seniors are doing fencing.Please help me.

You shouldn't have to rely on our opinions on what sport you want to take because it shouldn't matter what you choose for a sport because all of them have their ups and down and you should take a sport that you enjoy.

You shouldn't have to rely on our opinions on what sport you want to take because it shouldn't matter what you choose for a sport because all of them have their ups and down and you should take a sport that you enjoy.

I'd have to agree with saint michael here. We can't tell you what sport you'll like, we haven't even gotten to know you yet. Different sports appeal to different people. Some depend on how athletic you are, while others depend more on your skill and hand eye coordination. If you still are not sure what sport you might be interested, try a few. You'll find that you are more attracted to some, and less attracted to others.

They teach fencing in school?????And I'm betting this is not leasons on using wire stretchers and post hole diggers. If that were true, you might be getting some education that some day should you decide to become a farmer/gardener/dog breeder you could actually use. Amazing that they teach kids this kind of stuff, (fencing) when they have kids graduating that can't read or write. Seriously, how many kids are going to go on in life to play pirates in a hollywood movie????But seriously, take up what ever YOU enjoy.

agree there

Personally, I'd like fencing more. If you're afraid of getting hurt, I think wrestling is really out for you because you can't possibly maximize your potential in the sport if you're holding yourself back for fear of getting hurt. But really, I'd just say, choose the sport that you like better and that you're good at. You could easily make friends if you join a different sport from your friends. As for your best friend, I'm sure you'll get to see him some time! :lol:

ok well im in 9th grade and winter sports are coming up soon. I started wrestling in 7th grade because my family wanted me to try it. Back then i wasn't the really that "cool" but i wasent hated or a geek if you know what i mean. I had karate experience (im still in it). When i join people laphed. Then later when i they saw that i can beat them they shut up but thats besides the point. I went to 2 different wrestiling camps last summer. Im not that good a wrestiling when it comes to meets becouse i get scared of the other team. So i like wrestiling when i just practice but i totaly dont want to go too the meets.
This year there is only 1 winter season and i now have to pick which sport im oing becouse last year

i tried fencing and i had a good time. I like the sport of wrestiling better but im afraid of getting hurt.
Also none of my good freinds are doing wrestiling. most of them are doing fencing. My best friend which i now never get to see becouse his not in any of my classes does fencing.

It would be esier to decide if my karate instructer wouldnt tell every one my name at the end of the class and then tell them that im good at ground fighting becouse im a wrestiler.

Also my friends that are seniors are doing fencing.

Please help me.

You seem to like contact sports and as winter season approacheth I would reccomend the noble game of rugby - that'll make a man of you!

Cant really tell you what sport you'd like and/or should have doing. But I would strongly recommend some research on the sports that are you interested in is for you. For example, Rugby, a football code, seems tough, fast paced and so forth, yet for some it may be too rough and/or prone to injuries, especially those which may have medical and/or physical conditions preventing them from playing a particular sport at their full capacity.So I'd encourage you to get out there, try a few sports and/or do some research. You may like some of them, and some may not be to your liking.

For a life-long sport, I recommend running. As you know, it is very healthy and aerobic, and it is also downright fun! You don't need any special equipment, only a good pair of shoes (and not even that, if you run on the beach as I do). And you can do it anywhere, at any time of the year (if the snow is not too deep). You can run to new places and explore, and soak in all the sights, sounds, and smells, of the world around you as you pass by. You can get into a comfortable rhythm where your body feels like a well oiled machine. And you will get high without drugs. The runners high that you get when you hit that zone is better than any drug experience.Running can also be a social activity. Running events are held everywhere in the world. If you are the non-competitive type, you can run with the local Hash House Harriers group, whose motto is "A drinking club with a running problem". It helps to be a beer drinking degenerate to fit in with this bunch. There are over a hundred HHH groups worldwide.Running will also help you get in shape for skiing in the winter. It is a sport that will last you a lifetime.

My dear little friend I think you should consult your sports teacher to resolve your doubt as according to your physique, health, height, interests etc. he should be the best person to suggest you the best sport to be sellected and thats it you should follow him. Moreover you listen to your heart regarding this matter as your choice counts at the last. Isn't it. Otherwise just follow your sports teacher.?