xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Several Features In Xp Are Removed

Hey guys. I have a big big problem with my Windows XP Home Edition. Since the day I was able to remove a Trojan.Agent virus, some of the features/programs in my system folder have been removed/corrupt.

For some reason when going to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices I click "Place volume icon in taskbar" and I get this error...

Windows cannot display volume control on taskbar because the Volume Control program has not been installed. To install it use the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

I've tried that, but I cannot install it. Can someone help me?

Thanks,

-Sky

Well Microsoft it all its glory **bows to it** does have a solution on how to fix this and hopefully you have the system CD that came with your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/319095

Thank you Michael. This worked! ^_^ Much appreciated dude. Now I just need to get everything else I lost back on. For some reason AVG doesn't detect Trojan.Agents. :lol:

For some reasons, you have to rely on other much effective trojan scanner while most anti-virus softwares does only 70% of its job. I once had this Trojan lurking in my OS and only found out when i download a Trojan scanner while the AVG detects nothing.What it disable is my windows auto update and the firewall. Anyway, good thing you got your problem fixed. Be more careful next time :lol:

Don't worry. I will! ^_^ I just don't get why AVG 7.5 detects Trojans and other malicious threats and AVG 8.0x doesn't. Besides the fact I actually scan my PC a every week...nothing is detected in scan either. :lol:

You may want to update AVG to version 8 and that might help with your problem, also I would suggest installing SuperAntiSpyware as well as that program seems to be quite effective in finding stuff on your computer. Also good that the suggestion work and thus this reminder, do a good search or search Microsoft knowledge base before posting, because the problems are so common these days, that a simple search will find you the answer.