xisto Community
amrit

Domain From Trap17

i have a question here.sorry to bother but can we use the domain from Xisto(250 credits thing) with some other host?? i mean do we have control over the nameservers????

The Domains are only for hosted members and for only members who are hosted with Xisto. I'm not sure if we are allowed to use it for any other host, although I wouldn't think so.

-Sky

I never thought of that question. Maybe it's because I've never pictured myself leaving Xisto unless if my banned IP is not unbanned soon enough. I have no problem with Xisto at all.

i have a question here.sorry to bother but can we use the domain from Xisto(250 credits thing) with some other host?? i mean do we have control over the nameservers????

I really don't think that would be fair. I mean if they're going to give you a free domain, you might as well use it with their hosting. Unless of course, you move up to Xisto - Web Hosting or something like that.

no no i have no intention of moving guys... just asking out of curiosity , and i was thinking of making a website with some paid hosting and get the domain from here. plz dont misunderstand me.

If you want to start a website with paid hosting, then most of the paid hosting plans are bundled withdomain name.(either giving it free, or at low price). I think that's cheap also, and you won't face any problems.Search and find a host that meets your requirements. All the best.And about the domain name from Xisto, if its registered with your name, I think you can do anythingwith your domain name. But Xisto is such a nice service that nobody want to leave.

The free web hosting for 250 credits are full functioning top level domain name. This means you can change the nameserver to your choosing--but you have to send an email to change because I believe DNS control is not included as a default control.Remember this as well: to keep the domain name either you purchase with your money or with your hosting credits. To purchase with your hosting credits you must be a HOSTED member in Xisto forum. So the question is why would you host with another hosting account when you will be in active status with Xisto forum/free web hosting account?

i was thinking of making a website with some paid hosting and get the domain from here. plz dont misunderstand me.

Domains are much cheaper then paid hosts... If you are going to go with a paid host why bother working so hard for a free domain here if you can get one for under $10 a year?
https://xisto.com/

i am under 18 and there is no way any elder will help me getting money for domain.

So then how are you planning to go with a paid host?

i was thinking of making a website with some paid hosting and get the domain from here