xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eniranjee

Flex Error #1034: Type Coercion Failed: Cannot Convert Mx.managers

Hi Boosters

am created below flex module and then include this module to one mxml application .

after that i run that mxml file , its showing combobox successfully. But if i click that combobox then , following error displayed.

anyone know the solution, pls post it.

<!-- test.mxml --><mx:Module xmlns:mx="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;  layout="absolute">   	<mx:ComboBox x="199" y="80" width="140">	<mx:dataProvider>			<mx:Array>				<mx:Object label="Select" />				<mx:Object label="Apple" />				<mx:Object label="Sony"/>				<mx:Object label="Lg"/>				<mx:Object label="Samsung"/>				<mx:Object label="Hcl"/>				<mx:Object label="Moto"/>			</mx:Array>	</mx:dataProvider>	</mx:ComboBox></mx:Module><!--Module End -->

<!-- Error Message -->
Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert mx.managers::PopUpManagerImpl@91335a1 to mx.managers.IPopUpManager.
at mx.managers::PopUpManager$/get impl()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\PopUpManager.as:68]at mx.managers::PopUpManager$/addPopUp()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\PopUpManager.as:169]
at mx.controls::ComboBox/getDropdown()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\ComboBox.as:1455]
at mx.controls::ComboBox/displayDropdown()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\ComboBox.as:1535]
at mx.controls::ComboBox/downArrowButton_buttonDownHandler()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\ComboBox.as:1780]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:9156]
at mx.controls::Button/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:2498]
at mx.controls::Button/mouseDownHandler()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\Button.as:2744]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:9156]
at mx.controls::ComboBase/textInput_mouseEventHandler()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\ComboBase.as:1388]

Thanks and Regards
Ranjithkumar.M
Notice from jlhaslip:
add tags

I know this error as I came across it and the problem is that you duplicated the class somewhere and you need to fix that, however, since you didn't provide the full source code it is hard to determine where the duplication is at. Due to the fact you have so many lines that have produce this error, but usually it is at the top of your code that might be producing the error (line 68). Since this is just a drop down menu your are better of just placing it within the application itself instead of connecting it with module and so that is all I can really offer you since I don't know much on debugging errors in flex.

I recommend that you click this link which lists google results for this error and that you check them out and see if one of those site might provide you a solution.

Click here

Hello following code in your main application

import mx.Managers.*;     private var _dragManager:DragManager;     private var _historyManager:HistoryManager;     private var _popupManager:PopUpManager; 

-reply by Pradip Jadhav