xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whyme

How Many Want To Buy A Mac Mini/ipod Shuffle?

Well, it's been roughly a week since the debut of the Mac Mini and the iPod shuffle, and Mac enthusaists are basically scarmbling for orders of the new Mac Mini and iPod shuffle, analysts say that the iPod shuffle will dominate the faslh-based players market, and that the Mac Mini will take a somewhat large chunk of the personal computer market, I peronsally prefer the Windows OS, but as Windows seems to have so much more vulernablilites than the Macinotishes, even I'm thinking about switching to a Mac Mini. (It's only $500 :P ). Anyone else have the same opinions?

Although I like the look of the iPod shuffle (I like the design of all Apple things, they're so purdy), I don't quite like that you're forced to have it shuffle, sometimes I really do want to hear tracks in a particular order. But I do also think that the shuffle will sell well. It's not hugely expensive, and it looks neat.Same for the mac mini. Looks nice, not very epensive. That is until you realise you can't use a PS/2 mouse or keyboard with it. Or that you can't plug in your monitor through the DVI/VGA port (perhaps a cable adapter is all that is needed, still, it's going to cost you). Or that you want some word processing software. Or you realise that you don't live in the US and everything magically get's a lot more expensive*I'm not going to switch anytime soon. I might buy a mac sometime in the future for software- and web development reasons, but not to switch from the PC.* Really, it does if you go through the Apple store.Apple iPod 40GB - In the US it's $399. In Europe it's ?439. ?439 is $570.Mac Mini - In the Us it's $499. In Europe it's ?499. ?499 is $648.

Apple iPod 40GB - In the US it's $399. In Europe it's 439. 439 is $570.Mac Mini - In the Us it's $499. In Europe it's 499. 499 is $648.

Yes, I also heard about the news of Apple products being much more expensive in Europe than in the US. Apple seroisly needs to consider thier pricing standards, and it'll hopefully bring out more buyers of Apple producs

Well, it's been roughly a week since the debut of the Mac Mini and the iPod shuffle, and Mac enthusaists are basically scarmbling for orders of the new Mac Mini and iPod shuffle, analysts say that the iPod shuffle will dominate the faslh-based players market, and that the Mac Mini will take a somewhat large chunk of the personal computer market, I peronsally prefer the Windows OS, but as Windows seems to have so much more vulernablilites than the Macinotishes, even I'm thinking about switching to a Mac Mini. (It's only $500 :D ). Anyone else have the same opinions?

42377[/snapback]

I would prefer the iPod shuffle....i never really liked Mac :P

Mac mini, cheap - but that's it, how much is a new mac screen and mac keyboard + mouse going to cost you? You can buy a barebone pc that's faster, more harddisk, better overalll for cheaper! Ipod shuffle is a cheap thing actually, 1gb of songs, to get to track 100 you have to press next 100 times! Only apple could sell technology 4 years old and get away with it. Just get a cheaper mp3 player where you can easily navigate to song 100, don't let apple get away with it.

No, I really dislike mac. I've used both mac and windows all my life, as I own about 3 windows computers and all my schools besides highschool have used macs, which they uploaded as soon as a new model came out. basically, I've used alot of mac models, but I still dislike them. main reasons are: alot of the macs cannot be upgraded (see your mac mini), they have horrible gaming support (no half life???), and theyre products seem to be more style and less substance.I'm getting a Creative Zen Nomad, not an iPod shuffle. No Screen, yet a spinwheel? How on earth would that work?

I dont really care for mac that much either, its something different but the systems are poorly made. I like windows office and os but as some of you know i dont like the Interent Explorer. Thats why on one of my computers i have installed linux so i can use some of there programs when i need to and on another harddrive i still have windows.So overall the mac is no good and windows even though all the problems is still better.

About mac not being upgradable, that's true, but it looks nice - and that's it. I happened to stumble upon a fake mac commercial which is biased of course, it is making fun of mac and not official. It left me curled up laughing for hours and still does.

Click HERE to download the video, it's a video so it has ads. Use a popup blocker or something, or firefox.

I have heard that Apple's product has some copyright protection feature. If there really is, then I think I will not bother to look at it. I know Sony?s net MD recorders have a similar copyright protection feature, that?s why I do not buy Sony?s MD. Mp3 player with 20Gb something storage is very common on the market. Creative, Toshiba and other Korean brands offer similar feature. Apple?s product is not particularly attractive.

I have heard that Apple's product has some copyright protection feature. If there really is, then I think I will not bother to look at it. I know Sonys net MD recorders have a similar copyright protection feature, thats why I do not buy Sonys MD. Mp3 player with 20Gb something storage is very common on the market. Creative, Toshiba and other Korean brands offer similar feature. Apples product is not particularly attractive.

I do not believethat Mac has a copyright protection feature, unlike sony, which reuires all of it's mp3 players to use the Sonicstage app and doesn't give you a lot of options on the songs that you choose. However, I thing i think is bad about the shuffle is navigating from song one to song 157 :P How would I do that??!! :P