xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cheekydpitt

Guide To Investing

What should I invest in?

Depends in your passion, if you like soccer, you should (probably buy intermilan) LOL. or you can lease a store that related to your hobby such as fishing, gardening, etc.

And if you have any question again, please understand that this forum is from various person who don't know what's your situation. what your hobby, and how much is your money would be investing by you. :lol:

Depending on how much money you have and your situation, you will have to choose from a good handful of options.If you're older than dirt and getting to the retirement age, safe securities like bonds, IRAs, and even blue chip mutual funds and stocks will be nice choices. It might already be too late though if you're thinking of investing at the age of 60+... definitely no real growth potential unless you are willing to take risks and know for a fact how long you will be living. :lol: (Make sure you make that will out for your kids!)If you're a young fella, take a look into the stock market and buy mutual funds. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. I cannot stress this enough. Mutual funds come in different flavors... in large cap, mid-cap, and those that focus on small businesses. Then there are the ones focused on growth, a blend of growth and stability, and the slow-growers. Whipper-snappers like me will want to invest heavily into growth since we're young enough to take the hit if the market goes down, like what I'm experiencing right now. The general trend of the market is a gradual incline, so taking that into effect, continually investing over a lifetime will net you quite a bit of profit in the long run.An even quicker but much riskier proposition is actually investing in stock of individual companies, although you must have the luxury and ability AND knowledge of the companies you wish to throw your money into. No one wins them all, but knowledge and experience will net you more than you will lose, hopefully.Bonds, CDs, and other like securities aren't the greatest of investments when you look at it from a growing point of view, but you will definitely be keeping up with inflation and break even in the end. It's also a forceful way to keep you from touching your money, which can be a good and bad thing, depending on what you're expecting as far as future expenses or other money vessels.IRAs may be for the older, but it's always good to start young. Throwing money into an IRA at the age of 18 and continually-contributing to the account can net you thousands that you can enjoy after retirement, assuming that you keep contributing. It's also a good way to keep yourself from spending that hard-earned dollar unnecessarily when you will more likely need or want it after retirement.There is also the possibility of investing in metals like the gold standard, but I'm not very knowledgeable on how that is or if it's as good or bad as anything else I've listed here.