xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
b_11

Ps3 Worth The Price?

Do you honestly think that the PS3 should have been worth the starting price? I don't think so, because all it really had was graphics. I think that Sony ruined themselves with it mainly because of that, and I don't think that they will be able to recover from it. I mean how many times have you walked into a store and have saw a PS3 on the shelf somewhere. Also, do you think that they would do this with the next console the come out with?

Do you honestly think that the PS3 should have been worth the starting price? I don't think so, because all it really had was graphics. I think that Sony ruined themselves with it mainly because of that, and I don't think that they will be able to recover from it. I mean how many times have you walked into a store and have saw a PS3 on the shelf somewhere. Also, do you think that they would do this with the next console the come out with?

it has been a long time since last I play ps 1. And I don't know about ps 3, what do you mean by graphics and how sony ruin their console? Any elaboration?

PS3 is acceptable considering its price but what bothers me is the prices of the game blurays...they cost u a very good sum
Further u cant mod it unlike a ps2

it cant be mod? wow that is pretty hard for console distribution, because many market aims at country that mod the game and so the console is highly wanted. Though PS3 is a success but I don't think it's name will last if it keeps pestering about not modded game.

How much is the price of average bluerays game?

The PS3 really sucked (and still sucks) because of the high price. I don't like it at all, and I would get either a Wii or a PS2 and although I won't get the great graphics with them, I'll get more fun for less money and still be entertained.High graphics just isn't my thing.

Well obviously the price tag is a major factor in both the system and the games, could be a few years for prices to drop or wait till it becomes a great hit or just rent the game. However, still the selection of games are not that impressive to me, too many ports and original titles not coming out as fast enough and so it all depends on what kind of games you play and being able to afford them.

playstaion 3 is a fail, Blu ray was overhyped and failed misreably.GET A XBOX 360 It is the BIGGEST thing in the world i dunno but like there are millions who play it!People from all over the world and it has the greatest games out right now on the market while ps3 games are totally FAIL thats why i overlooked buying a ps3 when my friend showed me his xbox and we played gears of war and i loved it! it was really fun especially on Xbox live alot of kids talking but it is still good :lol:

XBOX 360 is overated...lol console fightnah seriously now, the ps3 is a great console, and i would say it is close to being worth the price but just a bit much. One feature that has turned me off it though is in the new versions you are unable to play ps2 games and this really annoys me as i have many ps2 games but i like to play them still. The blue-ray did not fail it is really good in fact, and I have seen plenty of ps3 games, new ones for only 30 bucks. I think the ps3 has some insane features and is really one hell of a console but a few things stop it from being successful. Although i predict the price to be going down soon but if it doesn't drastically I'm getting a Wii!P.S XBOX 360 is great console i just have had sony all my life so ill stay loyal.

ps3 is most certainly not worth anything sony things that they made the best console in the world cause of its great graphics but its online interface blows and its big and bulky not sleek or anything this big black tumor is worthless and you might say whut about the amazing control with the built in thing so when u turn the controler it steers your car or w/e too bad like 98% of ps3 games dont let you use it.Ps. Xbox rapes all consoles and dont by wii japs suck.

Edited by Nickburzo (see edit history)

Hell yeah! PS3 is like the best console I've known. It's almost like a computer processor. And also, everything is free on it. It's better than Xbox (360). So, basically it is worth the price... although it costs alot.

I don't have one, but I think the price is too high. The graphics are great, but it isn't worth the hefty price tag that was put on it. The Xbox 360, in my opinion, is better, but still has flaws. The Xbox 360 has great graphics too, and it's actually a normal shape, but you have to play for Xbox Live. Also if you have a wireless internet connection and want to use it, you have to pay $100 for the receiver (Even my Apple airport card didn't cost that much, and Apple prices their items really high).People may say it's worth the price because Blue Ray will be the new DVD or VHS. I would say wait--once the Blue Ray patent runs out, all these companies will start making cheap Blue Ray players, and the price will go down a lot. I remember when DVD first came out. A DVD player costed $100. Now you can get a good one for about $25 or $30.

I don't see any real issues with the PS3 now but there just are not enough games that are only on one console and not the next anymore.Back in the PS2 days there were a lot of games just on PS2(Grand theft autos, Final Fantasys, and some others) and now everything comes out on 2-3 consoles. It's kind of annoying.Because of that I would recommend going with a 360(if you care about price!). If you do not care about the price, the PS3 is signifcantly better in terms of graphics and all(Due to the blue-ray).Overall it's really a question of how much you are willing to spend.

ps3 is almost worth the money and true gamers will fork the cash for itĀ over it's got the best graphics and processing ability. The 360 may be cheaper but it lags from overprocessing whenever there's an explosion and for any extra stuff like online play you have to pay while for ps3 it's free. The wii is a fail for any gamer

-reply by gamer94