xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
moutonoir

Apple Recipes

Going apple picking this fall? Then here are some delicious ways to use up all those apples! Apples are very healthy, being a good source of vitamin C and fiber, and they are relatively low in calories and sugar as far as fruits go. So enjoy them plain, or try a recipe:Applesauce4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped3/4 cup watersugar to tastecinnamon to tasteIn a saucepan, combine above ingredients. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher. Also delicious served warm.Caramel Apple Dip~20 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped1/4 cup water1 package cream cheese (8 ounces)1/2 cup brown sugarIn a medium saucepan over medium-low heat (or in the microwave) melt the caramels with water, frequently stirring. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and the sugar. Fold in the caramel mixture, and serve immediately.Apple Butter5 1/2 pounds apples (peeled, cored and chopped)4 cups white sugar2 teaspoons ground cinnamon1/4 teaspoon ground cloves1/4 teaspoon saltPut the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour this mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.Cover and cook on high an hour.Reduce heat to low and cook for 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened and is dark brown.Uncover and continue cooking on low for another hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover, and either refrigerate or freeze.What are your favorite apple recipes?

Awww man they look good, I love fruit recipes because they're healthy and very tasty. These are average in health, lol.I am cooking some stuff up this weekend and have some apples in the fridge so I might come back to this page and use these. Thanks mate. I love making apple, banana and chocolate muffins, my favourite!!