xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hidabdz

What Do You Think About Kaspersky Antivirus 2009?

I use KAV 2009. I just bought it yesterday, it works great. I haven't had any problems since I installed it. I used to use Bit Defender but after installing I got a BSOD. :lol:
If it's any help you can check up on the top anti-virus companies at virus bulletin.
Virus Bulletin

Not a fan of KAV, btw BitDefender is the one to use these days, so try and find a working version for your OS.

Me personally I use ESET NOD 32 Antivirus.

Kaspersky is great, one of the best out there....but I do believe that AVG and Avira, the free ones, are just as good. I have used all of them for an extensive period of time and the free products kept my pc just as squeaky clean as kaspersky did. Although AVG can hog processor time, avira is really lightweight so that's my current favorite.BTW, nod32 is utter crap. I tried it out twice, just to give it a benefit of doubt, both times my pc was infected with multiple trojans.

Well I got all the antivirus test on my computer I used avira and kaspersky and norton I got to say norton inprove alot of things in hes last security but they don't have alot of firewall they have a good one but after I used them I saw some viruses and spywares on my pc the last one I tested is zonealarm and I the last version and I got to say is not to slow just use 200mb of my ram and is like avira but not all of them are the best because after they got new viruses they have to put another update thats why some viruses got into your computer before upgrading but I ahve to say they are very good securitis

I know that Kaspersky is very good anti-virus.I was using one old version.But i did one remove and Kaspersky was deleted.After half year i got one virus because i was using Avira.Now i can see that Kaspersky was very good anti-virus but after deleting it i destroyed my computer.Now i am using Avast 4.8 Home and i don't know nothing about Kaspersky AV 2009.I can just see good topics on other forums that Kaspersky is the best anti-virus.I can't change Avast because now it's my favorite Anti-Virus but i get money go buy it i will use Kaspersky...I never use illegal way to get thing which is my security.

My vote is to do one of the following:Use no AntivirusorUse AVGAVG is very lightweight and has the capabilities of the more "mainstream" Antivirus programs.I personally don't use one because I don't go around downloading everything I can find. Therefore, I don't get virii.

My vote is to do one of the following:
Use no Antivirus
or
Use AVG

AVG is very lightweight and has the capabilities of the more "mainstream" Antivirus programs.

I personally don't use one because I don't go around downloading everything I can find. Therefore, I don't get virii.

You want to promote AVG... Just explain good,why you want to use AVG?One friend had AVG and he got virus.Nothing happened but AVG didn't save the computer,NOD32 save it. There are people that say my anti-virus is the best,my anti-virus is the best but they can't prove that.Every anti-virus application have bugs or some viruses aren't scanned so i think if your AV allows,you should use 2 anti-viruses one should be normal like AVG and one premium anti-virus like Avast.But usually anti-virus package scan directories for the most popular anti-viruses.

You want to promote AVG... Just explain good,why you want to use AVG?One friend had AVG and he got virus.Nothing happened but AVG didn't save the computer,NOD32 save it. There are people that say my anti-virus is the best,my anti-virus is the best but they can't prove that.Every anti-virus application have bugs or some viruses aren't scanned so i think if your AV allows,you should use 2 anti-viruses one should be normal like AVG and one premium anti-virus like Avast.But usually anti-virus package scan directories for the most popular anti-viruses.

True, I used to use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 but a mistake they made was that they got hacked. Although kaspersky did protect me for a while, the funny thing is that my computer went crazy right after kaspersky got hacked. So now i use NOD 32 internet security 4.0 so far its running smooth, fast, no viruses, if it gets any it tells me quickly and stops them from doing anything asap, best thing of it is that it updates its virus list contently not only that but it does not even hog the Internets speed. Kaspersky however did hog my computer's resources a the bandwidth while it was uploading.
Only negative thing about NOD it takes around 2 days for it to scan my whole computer. =[
However i have been hearing Nortron 2009 has been doing really good this year....
Time to think of changing virus protectors.

AVG gives off a lot less "false positives" than others. Just because NOD32 "saved" you doesn't mean it wasn't just a false positive.

There are hundreds of safe programs that log as virii in some AV's and not in others. It really doesn't prove much.

I downloaded trial version.I scanned my HDD, and it detected a lot of trojans and backdoors, about 10.

Anybody using it? KAV 2009 or KIS 2009

Notice from rvalkass:

Merged identical topics.

Dear friend it is good and we at our company are using the same. You can also get many good reviews about this AV so no doubt you can use it and its good. 

AVG gives off a lot less "false positives" than others. Just because NOD32 "saved" you doesn't mean it wasn't just a false positive.
There are hundreds of safe programs that log as virii in some AV's and not in others. It really doesn't prove much.

You really think that.Get dumprep virus and then say this.It looks like this is Adobe Reader file for launch but you will found it in System32 directory.Ohh that System32 memories in my brain.Your dumprep first will slow down your welcome screen,than you will need to login without welcome screen,then it infects your USB with few ini files including some boot.ini or how it was,and then windows errors,on the end you will get graphic card blue screen and you destroyed your computer because Avira logs others,but not the dumprep.While installation AVG shows errors,so my friends computer will die,without NOD32.
Remember,it wasn't my computer.For my computer this is the story:

I know that Kaspersky is very good anti-virus.I was using one old version.But i did one remove and Kaspersky was deleted.After half year i got one virus because i was using Avira.Now i can see that Kaspersky was very good anti-virus but after deleting it i destroyed my computer.Now i am using Avast 4.8 Home and i don't know nothing about Kaspersky AV 2009.I can just see good topics on other forums that Kaspersky is the best anti-virus.I can't change Avast because now it's my favorite Anti-Virus but i get money go buy it i will use Kaspersky...I never use illegal way to get thing which is my security.

I downloaded trial version.I scanned my HDD, and it detected a lot of trojans and backdoors, about 10.

Anybody using it? KAV 2009 or KIS 2009

Notice from rvalkass:

Merged identical topics.

I have used Kaspersky Internet Security for several months and found best Internet security solltution. I like the very intelligent virus detector and smart firewall. Another great feature is banner blocker that block every kind of advertisement unlike other advertisement blockers. In windows 7, the antivirus worked very well except few days ago I faced update problem due to unknown reason. But I am quite satisfied with this antivirus and recomoned this antivirus...

Oh I don't really now, but I was using KAV until this year when I bought KIS 2010. I find it helpful, but though vista security is enhanced or elevated n comparison with xp, and so this binom seem to be unbeatable. So no problem for me till now with viruses. But I don't like the heating problem of laptops, that is causing me problems.

I have recently used the trial version of kaspersky antivirus 2009 and the thing which I really liked about this antivirus is its user interface, its really attractive. Also, it has got a really good protection against viruses. But, the only problem I face with this antivirus is that each time I tried to update it from a folder it failed everytime. I don't know the reason of this. I have tried updating it several times but the outcome is always similar. Although it update online without it any problem.So, I think its the only drawback of this antivirus in my case. Otherwise this is an excellent antivirus.

Is someone using kis on a win 7??What Do You Think About Kaspersky Antivirus 2009?

I just bought the new Windows 7 and I have a licence for KIS 2009. I want to know if someone has already installed this version. I just want to know if someone can tell me if this version works good or do I havr to upgrade to a 2010...

Thanks, 

-reply by Percy Sneider