xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hidabdz

What Do You Think About Kaspersky Antivirus 2009?

Hi I am using KAV 2009. Just bought it. I think its great. Atleast better than the NORTON :lol: or AVG It does have a good scan engine and plus definitions are updated on a daily bases, Atleast thats what I noticed.

Norton and the Competition

Don't go around making claims about Norton without even trying out 2009. 2009 smokes the competition. Try it now: ymantec.Com/norton/internet-security

-reply by Collin

The bad thing about Norton is the Update Size. Ppl still use dial-ups and I dont think its a good idea for a dial-up person to imagine about downloading 45 -60 MBAlso, I've seen viruses specifically written to break down Norton and McAfee antivirus. If they bypass the scan, they can render your system useless

Norton

Norton Update sizes are less than 1 mb. An new build of Norton was a 5mb LiveUpdate download.

And I am sorry, however Norton beats kaspersky in all the major virus tests: av-test.Org and av-comparitives.

And passmark Ranks Norton as the fastest security suite out of all paticipating suites.

-reply by Collin

Replying to iGuest

You seem to support Norton through and through.I thought Norton sucked before but my uncle recommended the 2009 versionAnd told me they improved it alot!I still have doubts though ...

Can you tell me if Norton is efficient even if your machine uses a P2P software or bit torrents?

-question by me_alias

NortonWhat Do You Think About Kaspersky Antivirus 2009?

I;ve just installed Norton Internet Security 2009 and I must admit I'm impressed.  I was never a fan of this software because it was always so slow and hogged system resources.  that's why I started to use Nod 32 a couple of years ago with a separate firewall..  I then upgraded to the Eset Smart Security system and I was impressed by this although I did notice the odd trojan or backdoor would sneak past but thats where the firewall came in.  I put it in interactive mode and then I was asked when a program wanted access to the internet or if the internet wanted access to a program on your PC.  This I find is the only downside of Norton IS firewall component.  I have also tried the Comodo security package (free) the last few days but I found the lack of antispam for your email a big minus.  For speed I have to admit the guys at passmark are correct,  this is the fastest security suite that I have ever seen.

Here's a list of what I've tested the last few weeks.

Norton IS 2009 - Great suite, fast, doesn't hog resources.  The only thing is the interactivity of the firewall. The AV is superb and the antispam works a treat.

Eset Smart Security-  A close second.  Is a little slower and I don't find the av to as effective as Norton.  The firewall is excellent and the antispam also.

Zone Alarm - The worst of the 3.  Caused a lot of problems on my PC and it was removed again the same day.  Avoid this one.

For those of you that want free protection.  I found that a great combo is Comodo Security Suite but because it doesnt have antispam I use Bullguard.  I didn't get any complications and the 2 programs seemed to work well together.

-reply by D Gourley

sorry to tell bt i thnk KAV is all crapu shd try bitdefender ttl scrty..2009its cool and also protects ur pcits the best in the whole word as ratedjs try it............for further assistance plz contact me at......testingpirakx@gmail.comor rite2alok@gmail.com

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2009 v 8.0.0.454. It's great. You should buy KIS 2009. This is better than MCAfee, Norton, AVG. It in NO.2 in Top Ten Antivirus ranking. No.1 is BitDefender Total Security 2009.

/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley16.Gif

-reply by RAISUL

KIS 2009What Do You Think About Kaspersky Antivirus 2009?

Well, I have used norton, avast, avira, mcafee, nod 32.Sorry to say the lovers of those...ALL R SAMENow I m using KIS 2009. I am sure it is the best. Dude, u r using a machine so costly. Then why cheap or free protection?Go and get a licensed KIS 2009. U should buy the 3 user. It will be less costly.-reply by Rishav