xisto Community
Shadow_x21

Shadow_x21 Tutorial Includes: Remote Shutdown and Local Shutdown

Shadow_x21 Tutorial : Remote and Local Shutdowns

Shadow_x21

To Remote Shutdown A Computer. Used to shutdown a computer on the same network. Like at school

open notepad or a simple text editor( not microsoft word) or you can use the command prompt

type

@echo offclsshutdown -m \\Computername -s -t 120 -c "Comment Goes Here"

Explanation:

@echo off : means that the code you typed below @echo off will not be displayed to the user
cls : will clear the screen
shutdown : represents shutdown.exe or the shutdown method
-m : represents a remote shutdown
\\computername : name of computer you want to shutdown
-s : initiates the shutdown method
-t : represents the time to stall before the computer shutsdown
120 = 2 minutes : is the time before the computer shutsdown. max three digits. minimum is 1 digit
-c : represents that a comment will be displayed on the targets computer. you do not have to do this.
"comment" : represents the comment that will be dispalyed.

You Can Also use -r to restart the computer instaed of -s

To Stop RemoteShutdown from occuring.

@echo offclsshutdown -m \\Computername -a

Explanation :

same as before except comments are disabled in remoteshutdown stop
-a will stop any remote shutdown as long as the syntax is correct an computername is specified

Local Shutdown. local only to that computer

@echo offclsshutdown -s -t 30 -c "This Is Your Computer Speaking"

Explanation:

pretty much same as before except computer name is not required because it is only local to this computer.

and to stop this shutdown type

Shutdown -a

in the command prompt or if you used notepad craete a new file and type

@echo offclsshutdown -a

If you used notepad for any of this save your File as Whateveryouwant.bat

examples:

hi.bat
bye.bat
penis.bat
welcome.bat
I_JustSawA.bat

The purpose of this is for safe knowledge or if it happens to you you know how to stop it.

I use it mainly to send people messages at school and they get all freaked Out ("I'm Watching You") Ha :lol:

if you need this further explained or want more stuff like this Reply

Thanks...

Shadow_x21

Good thing I can abort that in two seconds :lol: (windows+r, shutdown -a, enter)An addition that should work:1: Create a shortcut to said batch file2: Right click, properties3: Set a shortcut key..4: Press Ok ^_^5: Press the shortcut key!

These things are always funny, i have used this a lot :D Other things you can do:Put a shutdown bat or vbs in their start-up :lol: This is what i did 1.5 weeks ago:I made something like minesweeper.1. Make an .hta (open notepad and save it as .hta).2. When the hta is openen make shure it covers the whole screen with no caption and buttons.3. Next thing is: make a start button (which does nothing but people like to klick on things) attach a vbscript that manipulates the registry and disable ctrl + alt + del.4. Make a 3x3 table within each cell an X (this is a link)5. Link a shutdown script under one of those X es which also copies itself to the startup dir.6. Link a script which deletes theire system32 under one of those X es.7. Link a script which copies a endless file creating loop under one of those X es.This is a short description of my russian minesweeper ^_^ Ah maybe i am going to write a tutorial for this :D And I can asure you that this is reaaaallllyyy funny :D

If this really possible in the case we don't login to the \\computername?if it can, then this is a bug or security problems.In my opinion if login is needed, we need to start -> run type \\computername, a box pop up then type user and password to login to the remote computer, then the windows explorer open, and we close it, by doing that we have logined to the computername.Then use the shutdown that shadow told. Anyone knows is login really needed?

Shadow_x21innosia you don't need to be logged in to do what i explained earlier but their computer must be on. you can even initiate the shutdown while theiron their login screen. now about what you said is a remote connection which is not needed uless you plan to mess with thier stuff by logging in.Bat files are pretty awesome and you can do alot of simple but effective things. I'll post some more tutorials on what you can do with them.Shadow_x21

then when your computer is connected to local network, and when you are working, people in your LAN can shutdown your computer?That is pretty insecure...

Nice Tutorial Shadow_x21. I could do this to remotely shutdown a school computer on one of the Staff :lol:They'd be so mad if I did that. ^_^

lolz this is my favourite option for shutdown-ing my PC.i am too lazy to click Start then Turn Off and then Shutdown :lol:so i am just using shortcuts of those commands. many times it can be fun also. for example, set its icon to My computer. then rename it to my computer or any other u wish. and then send it to your friend's Desktop. he will go crazy why whenever he opens his My Computer, his PC turns off ^_^it works cos i have tried on my friend.

Hah! My 'in-experienced codes' mind had no idea this was even possible! Love the My Computer Desktop idea, that would hilarious! :lol:

Sir, is it needed the other computer user to click the shortcut on the desktop b4 their computer will shutdown? Or I can run it in my computer to shutdown thier computer? Confused...-reply by Tr0nix_d_hunkiZ