xisto Community
ill

Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within

So I recently rented this game. The storyline is great. He has to stop the Sands of Time from being created in order to prevent his demise. He has to find the Queen and kill her before she creates the Sands while he has a huge beast looking to kill him for escaping death the first time. The beast is sort of like the Grim Reaper. Anyways, the story intertwines while you skip forward and backwards in time fighting enemies and solving puzzles to complete your goal, great story, and a great game. If you liked the Legacy of Kain series you will love this game. I give it a 10.

You got any idea what sort of machine is needed to run it on a PC smoothly? I never trust the specification given by manufacturers as their idea of playable is not the same as anyone elses. I have a horrible feeling this game will join the long list of those which will have to wait until I get a new PC, just because my current machine won't be able to handle it. It's got to the stage where it will be easier to get a new machine than to upgrade.

I love the game, although the electric guitar kicking in is a little goofy, and the voice acting can be quite horrible, it has such a moving storyline. You're almost constantly on the go. The second you start the game, you're thrust into a naval battle (and you get some pretty close up views of the lady that's trying to kill you). The art style is gritty and it reminds me of Eternal Darkness: the Dahaka can be anywhere and when it chases you, it goes into black and white, with you trying to flee it. I don't like how the female characters seem to be so "defined". Again, the art style factors in. I still think they should have spent some more time on the game. The gameplay rocks; the prettiness...not so. Still acceptable and a good game, at any rate. Then again I played it on GC...

So I recently rented this game. The storyline is great. He has to stop the Sands of Time from being created in order to prevent his demise. He has to find the Queen and kill her before she creates the Sands while he has a huge beast looking to kill him for escaping death the first time. The beast is sort of like the Grim Reaper. Anyways, the story intertwines while you skip forward and backwards in time fighting enemies and solving puzzles to complete your goal, great story, and a great game. If you liked the Legacy of Kain series you will love this game. I give it a 10.

42285[/snapback]

I've never played the Prince of Persia, but some people say it's good and other say it's not. How are the graphics in the game? I've read some reviews on it right when it was released and some sites were gicing them a great rating...while others were giving it an OK rating.

Anyways I'll probably rent it too, jsut to see if it's good.

What are the controls like on the GC version? I always find I have spent too long using a mouse and keyboard to adjust to controllers on consoles very quickly, though I do tend to get there eventually if I play enough. I have also heard that it is much easier to string moves together in this game than it was in the first one. Anyone here played it enough to give their opinion on that one way or the other? The idea of being able to launch into a whole sequence of moves is just quite fun, but I can't quite visualise how the timing for it would work.

I've got the demo of this game on xbox, and my friend's got it on the PC.I must say, it's a really good game. You can make lots of moves, and you can also pick up weapons from dead enemys and stuff.It sometimes gets boring though, because some things can take very low B).Nevertheless, its a must have, trust me :DI give it a 9 :P

refers to Prince of Persia series,like the newest Warrior Within,the playing flat of which is XBOX usually.i have seen my classmate play this game.but on PC.the game not only looks rather excellent from its picture,also needs good control and ponders over carefully to complete the mission. :P i like this kind of game,besides there is another game is similar to Prince of Persia called Splinter Cell,wonderful too. :D

I've tried playing the latest Prince of Persia, just to see what the hype was about. Did not really like it. If you don't know the majority of about 200 keycombinations required to move your character in battle, you're relegated to just extremely basic fightmoves. Used to be that you could move and fight with the enemy without resorting to just 2 or 3 moves, and still not have to remember combinations like "E-Ctrl-Ctrl-Ctrl-Shift-Ctrl". but i guess that's the Playstation Generation for'ya! I massively enjoyed the first Prince of Persia, the 2D (quasi 3D!) platformgame. EGA, 6 keyboardkeys, hours of fun and frustration...Yes I'm an old geezer...

Prince of Persia Warrior Within, the perfect game. That was guaruntee by the two award wins for this year’s Second Annual Wireless Gaming Awards, affectionately referred to as the Mobies. Sponsored by Gamespot Mobile and Wireless Gaming Review, the Mobies recognizes the most innovative and technically accomplished mobile games in the industry. Judging criteria is based on gameplay, aesthetic value and replayability.

Best Platform Game: Prince of Persia Warrior Within: “Prince of Persia Warrior Within, puts Gameloft's well-earned design confidence on display for all of the mobile world to admire. Gameloft, the company that has consistently led the mobile gaming pack in presentational polish….revealed that it had another gear--above and beyond what most mobile games companies can even begin to plan for, let alone use--and shifted into it. Prince of Persia Warrior Within was the result.” –Gamespot

Best Use of Existing IP: Prince of Persia Warrior Within: “Prince of Persia Warrior Within is one of a handful of console-to-mobile ports to receive higher marks on the latter platform. The game manages to capture the best elements of its console counterpart without relying on unwieldy controls or an overly complex game design. A m้lange of the original Prince of Persia and his current adventures, the mobile Warrior Within is a terrific take on a popular franchise.” -Gamespot

That show that the game is really nice and you won't be lost your time to play it :) .

Prince Of Persia Warrior Within is definatly different to Prince Of Persia Sands of Time. Today whilst playing Warrior Within I realised "all I ever do is swing from tree and polls and jump from ledges", unlike Sands Of Time in Warrior Within there isn't as much combat. I am only at 0% so far in the game so this can change but so far I haven't had 20 strong enemies attacking me at once unlike Sands of Ti which I have missed. The game is still great though and i think I might go play the game now. :)

42285[/snapback]

i give it more than ten i luv this game i'm always on it

I think that the best Prince of Persia was in 93 or 95 on zhiliton( box with yelow cartridges) There was good storyline good fightings and intresting to play, but new it is 3d with many of options! It is not game that i need!

I bought this game. I had a five or ten dollar off coupon plus it was on sale so I got a good deal on it. I mostly bought it because of the good deal and I saw some attractive characters in it and people said it was good.I played it and thought it was somewhat fun, but I ended up selling it to Gamestop so I could buy Gran Tourismo 4. :unsure:

Yes I have ever seen a review on MTV , it has been called out the best game ever , of 2005.I think they had it because the game so good and had so much options.It is just a beautiful game.