xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
radames

Replace The Gasoline

The available alternatives for Gasoline that have been implemented in commercial products are,

* Ethanol * Methanol
* Bio-diesel
* CNG ( Compressed Natural Gas)
* Electricity
* Hydrogen (Fuel Cell)

The main factors that these alternative fuels are not widely implemented is due to increase in production costs and fuel efficiency.

Among these alternatives most commonly used fuel is CNG due to its lesser production cost and better fuel efficiency.

The production for other alternative fuels will come down once the mass production begins and the performance increases. Let us hope that our scientists comeup with better engines that can churn out more energy with better efficiency with the Green Fuels.

I think to be honest the main issue is greed. Big oil companies dont want to help fund the R&D of fuels like pure water for hydrogen cells because of the money they make from oil!I also think that some tecnhnology used isnt that reliable. Though in my local shopping center there are two car spaces in the multistory car park that have facilities to plug in electric cars. Ive never seen a car there though....Electric cars make me laugh... Where does the electricity come from? You got it, coal burning power plants, and lets not forget coal is one of the most polluting fossil fuels!

radames, you are making a question that i am pretty sure you already know the answer.The answer is money, it is always money, money money money, not so long ago Bush went to war with Iraque because of Gasoline/Petrolium/Et cetera, despite the fact that America is one of the most big "productors" of petrolium in the world.There are now cars moned by electricity, water, and other stuff, but the world countries are not united to stop the polution, to stop poluting the environment, to stop poluting our world, the earth, our and only planet.When will we be united? Will we be united in the future? Will we stop killing ourselfs and our future generations?I do not think so, men will keep killing untill there is nothing else to kill, untill there is really nothing else to kill, in that moment, perhaps, men will unit to think a solution to the problem that has no solution unless going to another planet to start doing all over again, and again, and again.That is the nature of men, to kill, to destroy, to justify it with stupid reasons.

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

People just want the cheapest, fastest, and easiest solution. Right now that's gasoline, so it's what we use. Not because we're trying to be evil, but because at the moment, it seems like the most efficient way to achieve our transportation goals. While research is being done to find other fuel sources, it is often difficult to get the funding required to take full advantage of this research, and it is very, very costly and difficult to implement new solutions should they be found. Imagine trying to replace all of the nation or world's cars with newer, more fuel-efficient models. Even once we're sure of what fuel source we want to replace gasoline, this process will take a very, very long time. Meanwhile, we're going to have to suffer from the consequences of the negative aspects of current fuel sources.