xisto Community
kudmus

Phpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

I have been designing my site on my desktop using XAMPP. Everything was ok until I thought I needed a pasword for my database which did not have a password. From the day I applied the password I have been unable to access my phpMyAdmin

I type LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/ and all I get is:

Error

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

"Who said use no password?" I wonder. I have tried to clear private data in the Firefox but I ended up thinking it was not necessary because even IE which I had never used for phpMyAdmin was saying the same thing.

Of cause I could start afress and get things back the way they used to be but I won't have learnt anything. Help me so that I'll know what makes these things tick

usually , the default password is empty. Have you changed the password in mysql?

I mean if change your root password with command like SET PASSWORD=... etc..

then you need to change some file in phpmyadmin. Ok. Follow these steps.

1. First goto this location LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/scripts

Make sure, you are running the XAMPP server.

2. There you will see setup.php file. Click on it.

You will see a page phpMyAdmin setup.

(or you can directly go to setup page with the link LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php )

3. Leave it there, and go to phpmyadmin folder in your desktop.(installation directory)

4. Create a folder with name config in your phpMyAdmin directory.

5. Now goto your phpMyAdmin setup page and click on Add button located at servers.

Now you see the configuration.

6. You will see columns like Server hostname, server port etc......

Leave everthing as it is, and go to the column Password for config auth.

7. Now give your password there (the password for mysql) and click on Add button.

Now a page will open, with a message New Server added.

Many buttons are located in that page.

8. And you see a Confuration column located below in that page. It has a SAVE button.

click on it.

Now a page will appear with "File Saved" message and "Configuration saved to config/config.inc.php file.

9. OK. Now goto your config folder in phpMyAdmin directory and copy the config.inc.php file

and paste it in phpMyAdmin directory. (parent directory of config) . And delete the config directory.

(if it asks for replace, replace it)

Everything done........

Now open your phpMyAdmin page through your browser.(LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/)

Hope everthing works fine.

Let me know whether it is working or not.

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Thank for the reply. I tried to follow your instructions strictly but all I get now is :

Error
MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I had overwriten the original config.inc.php and now I don't know how to reverse this. until I get a solution to this, I may not be able to work.

7. Now give your password there (the password for mysql) and click on Add button.

Have you set the correct password here? I mean the password you are using now to

access MySql database?

For example, can you access the database using the following command at command prompt...

C:\>mysql -u root -pyourpassword

Is it working?

How do I do that? I have tried typing mysql in command prompt but it does not know what the ... that is. I have tried accessing it through the XAMPP button that says Admin. First of all I was denied access and secondly I got an error that says:

Access violation at address 10002593 in module 'LIBMYSQL.dll'. Read of address 00000000.

The error massage keeps appearing every few seconds.

Hmmm.....I don't know about this error. But I googled your error and found that lot

of people using xampp have the same problem.

Access violation at address 10002593 in module 'LIBMYSQL.dll'. Read of address 00000000.

And most solutions say you have to use empty password for mysql (Not a good solution, I think) to disable

popping up the above error. To do so open my.ini file and remove your password there and save the

file. But may not be the best solution. Google your problem and find solutions.....Or....

Well, Can you switch to WAMP server(Windows Apache MySql PHP) ? I have been using it and had

no problems with WAMP. Easy to setup and configure. Download WAMP server and follow default installation.

After installing it, change your root password for MySql and Follow the procedure above to setup phpMyAdmin.......

You have been of great help pal. Thank you very much. Although I did not succeed I learnt a lot . Now I formated the drive and I'm going to start afresh.

But I googled your error and found that lot

of people using xampp have the same problem.

I also did that and found the same result.

Before formatting my drive I had another problem with transferring the site from one machine to the other I kept getting errors even after importing the whole database. the error massages had full file paths of the original locations of the files on the first machine. It was still loking for things in D:\xampp\...\fileName.php even though the site was now on drive C:\

How do I go about transferring my site in a way that will make me stay away from errors?

You're welcome dude. How did you transfered your website?(I didn't understand actually, from one machine to other means,you mean from your system to remote server ?, or within the same system?)And, can you show me a little piece of code(at the <a href=> tag) so that I can get a clear view.Had you checked all these links? Where do they point to?

I can log in via phpmyadmin, but not on the command line.

Phpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

Hi. I have a reversed issue, I can log in to phpmyadmin. I even created another user acct with all priv for myself, but still can not log in via command line. Which wouldn't be a big deal, but I am migrating a few really large databases that time out in IE. In addition to that - I am going from one server to another, making it all a lot easier via command line

Help anyone

-question by DB_error

No Privileges to create databasePhpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

hi,

I have installed aapserv and all went okay...

when I open phpmyadmin to create a database, it ask for me the username and password. After providing the username it enter to the phpmyadmin page but not able to create the database...saying in red no privileges,

can some one tell me what is going wrong...Now I am downloading  xamppliteto see if it work withit.

bpatel

-reply by bhagyesh

403 Forbidden page errorPhpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

This is my first time using php and I was fidling around in the phpmymin and I set the paswords thinking that it would protect the database that I created. However, after I set the password in the phpadmin,  I was getting this error "#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)" so I decided to try it another day and then I was getting a "403 forbidden error" which said "

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server."

Do I have to reinstall the wampserver that I'm using or there another way to overide this password so that I can access phpmymin?

to access mysql when you have XAMPP installed is different from a stanandard mysql installation. This is how it's done:

1. Open up CMD

2. Go to (your XAMPP installation directory)/mysql/bin

3. Type: mysql -u root -p

4. Give your password

Looks great BUT... Phpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

I have set up a Joomla site on localhost, using XAMPP, and the time has come to move it to the hosting server.

Joomla support is pretty good, and there is no shortage of tutorials on how to do this. Most go into the 'export your database using phpMyAdmin, then FTP to server and configure using phpMyAdmin' in some depth. Unfortunately I can't start phpMyAdmin without a username/password and I have no idea what these are! 

So I thought this tutorial would tell me what I need to do. Great!

--

1. First goto this location LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/scripts Make sure, you are running the XAMPP server.

This gives me a 403 (access forbidden, new XAMPP security concept).

--

2. There you will see setup.Php file. Click on it. You will see a page phpMyAdmin setup. (or you can directly go to setup page with the link LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.Php )

This gives me a 404 (object not found) error.

-- 

Can anybody give me some pointers as to what is happening> 

thanks in advance! 

-reply by Mike

Phpmyadmin Password Does Not WorkPhpmyadmin Password Does Not Work

Hi,

I have a wierd problem in MySQL. After I changed the password for my "root" user from blank to "hidden" and now, I am unable to access MySQL. The password is neither working with phpmyadmin nor with mysql console.

Please help  because it is my live database.

-Vani

-reply by Vani

I would try either go into your control panel and find the SQL database manager (here at T17 we have two tools, PHP My Admin (PMA) for adding/editting records and data and the SQL DB manager which is where we add, edit, delete users and databases, if you only have PMA then you are a bit stuck here but read on) and if you can get into the database manager you will then need to either make a new root user (it can be called anything) and give it full access to everything and set a password. OR try to reset the current ROOT password if it lets you.

If you cant do that or it doesnt work then all i can suggest is submitting a support ticket to your host and hopefully they have greater access rights and can reset your PMA details. Either way always make a backup of your data before setting out.

There may be other methods but i dont know of them.

PS. What do you mean by changing it to "hidden" do you mean the password is the word "hidden" or the password is not visible?

Because unless you typed a new password in then it hasnt changed. It could still be blank. If you mean you type in the word "hidden" as your password then try all different spellings you might have accidentally typed, try it with caps lock on as well and see if that helps.