xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
duke1

Win Xp Home Won't Recognize Dvd

Downloaded Win XP Svc Pack 3, and shortly after, my PC would not recognize or play any DVD's. I have since uninstalled Svc Pack 3, but my PC still does not recognize any DVD's.I used the Filters Help from Windows to delete upper and lower filters, but still no change.Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Pls reply to: jcviola@hotmail.comTIA!

Well, try this...it may work.Try uninstall and reinstall the dvd drivers.To do this, 1. Right click on MyComputer and select properties.2. Select Hardware tab and click on device manager.3. Now Expand DVD/CD-Rom Drives and right click on DVD drive detected there.4. Now select Uninstall and continue.5. Reboot your system now. Now windows will detects a new dvd drive and install its drivers again and it will work.If not, remove your dvd drive from motherboard and start the system and then install it again.Hope it will work now. If not let me know, and let's try a different solution.