xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
punx08

Best Text-based (mmo)rpg's

What are your favorite text-based mmorpg games?? If you don't know what it is try google it.

This is something that every1 should try out, it's a pirate game, the only one in it's kind. You can do lots of stuff really,

try this link and find out;

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you need any in game help try contacting me, punx08, and I might send you cash or something else Posted Image

Quote from the homepage:

"Yarg, a pirate game. Do what ye want. Mug, steal, kill, and maim. Rule the Seas. These are all actions ye can take to become the Ruler of the Seas. Rule the seas is the best online pirate themed game where you can do just about whatever you want.

Donors within the game become "Respected Pirates" with added features.

Have fun!"

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

I have played a nice text-based MMORPG a long time ago called Kingdom of Loathing. It is very humorous, and there are a huge range of enemies that you can kill and areas that you can explore in the game. There is also no shortage of puzzles, albeit very hard ones indeed. You will most likely not get through the game (or "ascend") if you do not read the walkthroughs to the puzzles. I used to get my in-game money by creating animations for other users :lol: However, I was not active for quite a while so my account was deleted.... ^_^

I have played a nice text-based MMORPG a long time ago called Kingdom of Loathing. It is very humorous, and there are a huge range of enemies that you can kill and areas that you can explore in the game. There is also no shortage of puzzles, albeit very hard ones indeed. You will most likely not get through the game (or "ascend") if you do not read the walkthroughs to the puzzles. I used to get my in-game money by creating animations for other users :lol: However, I was not active for quite a while so my account was deleted.... ^_^

Same here. I really don't like how KOL deletes accounts for not being active, but other than that, it is awesome. Even after you ascend, you can still play the game again with new features, which gives it a lot of replay value. I also like other text-based games such as Achaea and DiscworldMUD, which are both MUDs (Multi-User Dungeons). For a list of good text-based MMORPGs, check here.

I find StargateWars Really good...

The good thing (atleast for me) is that there isn't any "rounds" where after a certain period of time, everything resets and you have to start again...

Also, there isn't any limit to who you can attack...

It has over 90 thousand (90,000) members and after you get enough Glory & Reputation you ascend which grants you access to the ascended server which is a server for only those that have ascended...

SGW is a very good Text Based MMORPG if you ask me... I plan on playing it for a LONG time...

New Witchcraft Chat Game

Best Text-based (mmo)rpg's

Rpgcn.Com/witchcraft

Online community style tabletop like chat game. Play for free, the corebook is offered for free from the publishers, all you need to play. Make a character or find other Witchcraft fans and just chat. Play in the perpetual story line of Witchcraft in Seattle. Small Java chat client on a secure server. The first in a new network of chat games.

-reply by Kitten

I acually play an awesome text-based rpg called Islands of Myth. The players are all really friendly and like to help out whenever they can, and its really easy to get started. There are dozens of races to choose from and many guilds that offer more skills/spells the further you progress through that specific guild. The website for the game is Islandsofmyth.Org

Try it and see for yourself

I have tested 3 MMORPG txtbased games which are :1. Domain of Heroes : in this game you start you game with a wish and your goal is to gain wishes by battle against other players or by trading.you can personalize you character and etc. this game is free and you can give it a try.2. Urban Dead : the game is about zombies and survivors which can convert to each other by healing or dying.i tested this one and i didn't like it because you are always changing from zombie to survivor and when you are going to be a perfect survivor you die and become zombie and when you are going to be a perfect zombie you heal and become survivor.3. ReignOfBlood : i have just started this game, it's about vampires and you should become rich and powerful. i'm currently battling with other vampires and it's really entertaining.

The best game I ever played is SOLD TO ARMY. ?soldtoarmy.comOk to the topic?I was playing TC for many years and it was my game but is already like 6-7 year old so new players have no way to catch up with old players in stats , on top of that inflation destroyed that game .I started looking for new game since I have a lot of free time . I checked 100's of them and I have to admit there is a lot of good games but?So far best of the best for me is SOLD TO ARMY ?. Started 3 months ago and since then I m in there several times a day :)?Games is awesome , owner answering all questions ( not like in other games ) and updates are almost every week .In game you are mercenary of US Army under your nationality ?. You joining academ , creating a platoon and inviting friends to it .Owner promised to give ability to attack countries of the world and ability to build your own army .So I gues is gonna be fun.That updae should be in two weeks , hope he will keep his promise , so far game is the best I ever played.So yes thats the best game I ever played.?

I've created a new text-based game, that needs some players. it's not all completely done, but there are many features and content for characters over level 70.drakor.comEnjoy, and any feedback would be great! tell your friends ;)