xisto Community
Shadow_x21

Deny Or Grant Users Access To Files Of Choice (vista) Uses Bat Files To Deny Or Grant People Access To Files

Deny Or Grant Permission

Requires

Notepad
Vista

This Technique Can be Used On Earlier Versions Of Windows But Uses Different Syntax:

To Deny Access Open Notepad and Type

@echo offclsIcacls PATH OF FILE GOES HERE WITHOUT PARENTHESES /deny USERNAME OF PERSON YOU WANT TO DENY:(F)

And To Grant Is The Same Process

@echo offclsIcacls PATH OF FILE GOES HERE WITHOUT PARENTHESES /grant USERNAME OF PERSON YOU WANT TO DENY:(F)

And There It Is. Simple Huh!

And There It Is. Simple Huh!

yeah it's pretty simple... by chance do you know about a way to change the "file last modified" or "folder created" dates? I know there are applications that can do that, or claim to, but I haven't found any freeware yet... apart from that it'd be nice to be able to do it from the command line so that you can set up some kind of batch mode :lol:

thanks!

do you want to change the last date used and creation time. if so i made a program for you using visual basic 2008it can change last modified time. last access time. and set the creation time. if you want it ill post a link or something.talk to u later.The only problem is you have to install microsoft .net framework sp1 3.5setup will come with the program if you don't feel like searching for itShadow_x21

I Tried It This and Then realized You Needed Parenthses and sometimes you don't. So feel free to try to use parentheses or not. (whatever works). If ur a modder you dont have to count this if u dont want

Notice from rvalkass:
There was no need to copy your original post again, especially without quotes.