xisto Community
BlueInkAlchemist

Firefox Hates Moveplayer Help me save my crashing browser.

I have a serious problem on my main PC. Firefox refuses to open. It goes directly to the crash report, listing the add-ons that failed on startup. I managed to launch it from the Run window into Safe Mode, and again it crashed immediately, but this time only listed one add-on: MovePlayer. The uninstall instructions I found require a Firefox capable of loading. I'm running Windows XP and have no listing for Move in my Add/Remove Programs dialog. What's my next step?

Reinstall firefox.im presume you mean the plugin itself wont show up, it wouldnt, its not really i programme in its own right.Try uninstalling firefox, and reinstall, making sure you have the most recent version.

No, you want to reset your firefox profile and then disable all the extensions and add-ons that you have, but of course you can create a new profile as well to help solve your problem. Go here to create a new firefox profile after disabling everything that you can.

Of course, your not the only one having this problem, but alas no solution showed up for it that I have found so far.

You could try to find where the add-on files are installed, then you could delete them just to try to see if firefox loads, then do it again and again, if you understand a litle bit about informatics and firefox, you will delete the right files, but if you do not feel safe to do it, forget about it.Also search google to search for a new program, if exists of course, that it disables firefox add-on's without firefox beeing open, i am sure that you could be luky, i had been luky many times in the past with small things like this case of yours, and you could be too.

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

No, you want to reset your firefox profile and then disable all the extensions and add-ons that you have, but of course you can create a new profile as well to help solve your problem. Go here to create a new firefox profile after disabling everything that you can.
Of course, your not the only one having this problem, but alas no solution showed up for it that I have found so far.

Thanks, Saint. I got Firefox to load by creating a new profile. How do I reset the old one? Also, can I import saved passwords as well as bookmarks from an old profile to a new one?

Also, I'm the one who posted that on Mozilla's support site. I'm as disappointed as you are. :lol:

Can't remember how but if you go to the first link and search around a bit you can find a way to reset the old profile and to answer your other question, not that I am aware of unless you export everything or using the FEBE extension because one you reset your profile you lose everything.