xisto Community
jecky125

Any Good Contractors Around San Diego Area?

Hi,My wife and I just buy a house in San Diego, and we are first time home owner, so we know little about home improvement, such as flooring -- hardwood floor and ceramic tile. Can anybody recommend some good contractors?BTW: Can we save money by buying materials and hiring professionals both from HomeDepot?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moving to appropriate forum.

I was just about to recommend Home Depot or Lowes for your home improvement projects. Only because there are a lot of shady contractors and horror stories to give some of us an ulcers.

A word of mouth is the best advice you can really count on. Similar to Craig's List, Angie's List is a place for reviews on local services. Give it a try.

Let us know how your home improvements go. I know jlhaslip in our forum is a pretty good carpenter.

*rumours abound*Yes, Home Depot or Sears both provide a decent quality of 'Home Improvement Contractor Service'. They are screened for their level of work, and most of the time, the sub-contractors specialize in various facets of the program. If you need floors, they have Flooring people, etc. I'd give both of them a call. I am not familiar with Lowes, but I understand they are a large company and they may also provide a similar service. I don't think Lowes is in Canada. At least not in the Western Provinces.Regardless, post up any questions you might have. I'll answer them as best I can. Of course, we do things differently here in Canada. Different Building Codes, etc, but I'll answer based on my own experiences. And no, we don't use Snow blocks to build our houses... :)

My wife and I recently had our San Diego home remodeled by Jackson Design and Remodeling.  They did an amazing job that came in under budget and on time.  We were incredibly impressed with their professionalism, too.  We were very impressed with their San Diego bathroom remodeling images, that's what sold us.

-reply by mn255

<p>My wife and I recently had our San Diego home remodeled by Jackson Design and Remodeling.  They did an amazing job that came in under budget and on time.  We were incredibly impressed with their professionalism, too.  We were very impressed with their San Diego bathroom remodeling images, that's what sold us. </p>-reply by mn255

I recommend Home Depot contractors.I have found their prices are OK..not great.And quality is typical too..the one advantage,as i learned,was if something goes wrong Home Depot will try and make things right where if you contract directly with the contractor..they may or may not try and work out a solution with you.