xisto Community
StonedMetalJewelry

Where Is Everybody From?

As I browse these forums, it's clear this is a very global group! It's very fun to read what languages people speak, and sometimes glimpse a clue of where you live.Where do you live? How many countries are here together in this corner of cyberspace?I am in the state of Connecticut, USA. It is north-east USA, and six degrees fahrenheit today (-14 C)

I'm from Ireland.. Donegal, to be precise, it;s pretty cold and boring right now, as allways.. psh! and dark.. it's quite dark. ~_~But, what gets me most, is the amount of idiots on the internet who seem to actually BELEIVE leprechauns are a race of people... no doubt the same people who believe the scotish dish of Haggis to be an animal, and even claim to have seen them. I'm not trying to be racist here or anything, but all these questions come from americans. ?_? after all, most of americans are irish."My granmas uncles cousins dog was irish"You get tired of it quickly, because they all think they are special..

I live in South Wales in the UK...

WALES IS NOT IN ENGLAND! THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT COUNTRYS! Just because 'England' is the most well know part of the United Kingdom does not mean it is IN England!

Just wanted to clear that up :P

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

I'm not too far from you, StonedMetalJewelry. I'm at the Jersey Shore, where it is currently 19?F. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this supposedly monstrous snowstorm, which could dump several inches of white beauty on our terrain (no school Monday, hopefully! Wear the jammies inside out!). Can't say there's much to do here in the winter, but it can get to be pretty hoppin' in the summer. God bless New Jersey, the armpit of America.

WALES IS NOT IN ENGLAND! THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT COUNTRYS! Just because 'England' is the most well know part of the United Kingdom does not mean it is IN England!

42228[/snapback]

Hum... It is at the West of England, isn't it ? :D

I live in France but it is too cold here during Winter :P

I'm from Ireland.. Donegal, to be precise, it;s pretty cold and boring right now, as allways.. psh! and dark.. it's quite dark.
~_~

But, what gets me most, is the amount of idiots on the internet who seem to actually BELEIVE leprechauns are a race of people...

But surely the fairies exist! Say it's so! and so many with red hair and sparkly wings. Many many people believe in the fae, and that they, like the leprechauns, originated in your very own back yard :P

They say fairies are the protectors, the spirit guides, of nature.

I'm not too far from you, StonedMetalJewelry. I'm at the Jersey Shore, where it is currently 19°F. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this supposedly monstrous snowstorm, which could dump several inches of white beauty on our terrain (no school Monday, hopefully! Wear the jammies inside out!). Can't say there's much to do here in the winter, but it can get to be pretty hoppin' in the summer.

God bless New Jersey, the armpit of America.

42240[/snapback]

Hey, not too far at all! I go there for work on occasion (Parsippany)

Ah the storm! It promises to be a good one. Snowed in on the weekend! We'll all be snuggled up warm near the [computer]. (rather have a fire!)

As I browse these forums, it's clear this is a very global group!  It's very fun to read what languages people speak, and sometimes glimpse a clue of where you live.

Where do you live?  How many countries are here together in this corner of cyberspace?

I am in the state of Connecticut, USA.  It is north-east USA, and six degrees fahrenheit today (-14 C)

42218[/snapback]

hey,nice to meet you.as u said,Xisto faces the global group,anywhere...luckly i could come here Xisto community for my web hosting.er,i come from the east of earth China.i have seen many asian who is acitve here too,but a little chinese,surely including HongKong and Taiwan area.

you refered to the temperature in ur hometown above... :D it's really too warm in winter yours.the exact temperature here comes to -38 C, :P how about it...hehe

Hum... It is at the West of England, isn't it ? :D

I live in France but it is too cold here during Winter :P

42278[/snapback]

Wales is 'TO THE WEST OF ENGLAND' not in the west of england! B)

I'm from Canada. I live in southern Ontario (Hamilton to be exact). It can get really cold here in the winter, but it can also get really hot here in the summer. I don't know how many members here are from Canada, but if you are, show yourself. :P But anyways, it's nice to see that Xisto has a diverse community in terms of background and language. I hope to get reacquainted with the community again after such a long absence.

I think there is a thread already on the forum for the same topic. At present I cannot give the exact url of the thread, But I will give later. I think we should not try to not starting the same thread once again.By the way I am from INDIA.

I think there is a thread already on the forum for the same topic. At present I cannot give the exact url of the thread, But I will give later. I think we should not  try to not starting the same thread once again.

By the way I am from INDIA.

42465[/snapback]

OOPs sorry, but really, a topic like this can come and go because PEOPLE come and go. Some that answered before might be gone now, and others that weren't here before get to say HEY! :P Saying "HEY" is american slang for hello.

Well, I feel like I'm in a chat room but here goes...

I'm in the good 'ol US of A, Murfreesboro, TN to be exact, which is a little pimple 33 miles southeast of Nashville. And Yes, country music is King down here. And...If you don't listen to country music 24/7 in your 1989 muddy F150 pickup truck with your hound dog with at least 3 shotguns hanging up on a rack (that you personally carved with your very own genuine five foot buckknife that you gladly purchased at the local Co-Op) blocking your rearview window then you're definitely NOT considered to be a Tennesseean! :P Now, mind you, I'm a northerner at heart, but I can tell by the way I speak that the south is sipping into my veins...if I ever leave this place and go back up north to live I'll have to go through an intensive period of detoxification to get myself back to normal. And I still may not even recover completely. :D Well, I think I've said my peace...

See Y'all up yonder,

Charlie Daniels

I'm in the good 'ol US of A, Murfreesboro, TN to be exact, which is a little pimple 33 miles southeast of Nashville.  And Yes, country music is King down here.  And...If you don't listen to country music 24/7 in your 1989 muddy F150 pickup truck with your hound dog with at least 3 shotguns hanging up on a rack (that you personally carved with your very own genuine five foot buckknife that you gladly purchased at the local Co-Op) blocking your rearview window then you're definitely NOT considered to be a Tennesseean! ...... if I ever leave this place and go back up north to live I'll have to go through an intensive period of detoxification to get myself back to normal.  And I still may not even recover completely. B) Well, I think I've said my peace...

See Y'all up yonder,

Charlie Daniels

42509[/snapback]

"Hey!" all,

Another bit of American slang to teach you (sorry Charlie D, you asked for it :P ..)

This here fellow is what we call a Redneck. If you ever hear a Redneck joke y'all think of Charlie here.

:D

I am from, Seattle Washington.. But i live in Renton, washington there right next to each other.. Seattle is one of the biggest cities in the world if you didnt know. But I would like to move to Mercer Island were my Home Boy Lives Bill Gates (Richest man). And yes really he is my home boy i have met him and he is cool, you guys should see if you can find some pictures of it.