xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeune

A Cheap Joke

I dined today with the president of a company and I had quite a fun time. Being an undergraduate student, I think it was a good opportunity for me to make good relations. I am a bit worried though as I relayed the experience to my mom. Well I have never been on a date before and the president was a woman so it was a bit awkward at first. She asked me how school was and I said it was ok and then we got to talking about the company she wanted to set up. I kidded with her that my dad was interested in becoming one of her managers. Not that my dad needed any of it (My dad has a stable job anyway and he's very happy where he's at) but I said that, honestly, just to make her laugh and to spice up our conversation. Well my mom blasted me for this remark and she thought it was a really cheap joke and a lot of damage has been done. Well I've been giving it some thought and I really only meant it as a joke and not as a "come and hire my dad" plea. I am bit anxious right now. Any thoughts on that?

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it as you mother blew it way out of proportion and what not and besides you would have known if any damage was cause if you said hi to the president and she blew you off. Anyway, do not worry about it and go on with your every day activities and don't dwell on things that can't be fixed.